Baby girl announcement

Mai [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] [name_u]Fable[/name_u]

After having a few names in the running throughout the pregnancy but not really 100% deciding on one. Suddenly thought of [name_f]Mai[/name_f] a couple of weeks before due date, and [name_u]Mars[/name_u] for a boy. We have chosen to pronounce [name_f]May[/name_f], I just preferred the spelling to [name_f]May[/name_f] or [name_f]Mae[/name_f]. It looks so pretty and simple.
I have thought that people will assume [name_f]Mai[/name_f] is pronounced [name_f]My[/name_f], but I don’t hate that pronunciation either.

I had always loved the name [name_u]Fable[/name_u] and had wanted to use it for one of my other two babies but it hadn’t fitted.
I thought together with [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] was a nod towards my [name_m]German[/name_m] mum, as [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] is popular there. [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] is also associated with spring as is the name [name_f]Mai[/name_f] (from [name_f]Maia[/name_f]) and I thought the name together sounded spring like and hopeful.
She joins siblings [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_u]Stanley[/name_u] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u].

41 Likes

Congrats! She has an amazing and meaningful name :yellow_heart:

Congratulations! [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name!

congratulations!!

Gorgeous name! Congratulations!

Congratulations on the newest member to your family! She has such a wonderful name

congrats!!! and what a lovely name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Congratulations! [name_f]Mai[/name_f] is such a gorgeous name, and its so lovely with [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] & [name_f]Clara[/name_f]

This is such a beautiful name!! Congratulations :tada:

Congratulations!! [name_f]Mai[/name_f] is so sweet

Congratulations!

Congratulations :tada: gorgeous name!

Just lovely, congratulations! :bouquet: [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] [name_f]Mai[/name_f].

What a sweet name! Congratulations!! :heart:

I’m sure she’s beautiful! :heart_eyes: