Baby girl due in November

We just found out we are having a girl and ironically we had only agreed on a boy name! I want something that sounds classic and elegant but is still a little bit unique. Thoughts on these?

First Names:
[name]Genevieve[/name] (don’t want [name]Gen[/name] or [name]Genny[/name] for a nn)
[name]Vivienne[/name] (nn [name]Vivi[/name])
[name]Violet[/name] (too popular?)
[name]Caroline[/name] (for a dear friend who passed away)
[name]Georgina[/name] (husband hates this)
[name]Gwendolyn[/name] (nn [name]Gwen[/name])

I like [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Gwendolyn[/name] a lot. [name]Caroline[/name] is very classic and has a beautiful meaning of “freedom” and [name]Gwendolyn[/name] is an old English name with an enchanted sound to it. The others on your list call to me more as middles. [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] or [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Violet[/name] for some ideas. I think [name]Violet[/name] is still very nice even though it is being used quite frequently nowadays. A very nice list all together!

[name]Hope[/name] this helped you!

[name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is really pretty! Thanks for your suggestions.

I like [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Violet[/name] & [name]Gwendolyn[/name] from your list.

The above suggestion of [name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is perfect.

I like [name]Genevieve[/name]. You could use [name]Viv[/name] or [name]Vivi[/name] as a nn.

[name]Love[/name] your choices! Along those lines you might also like [name]Ginevra[/name], [name]Geneva[/name], [name]Valentina[/name], [name]Valentia[/name], [name]Vivica[/name], [name]Georgia[/name], Guenivere.

[name]Genevieve[/name] (don’t want [name]Gen[/name] or [name]Genny[/name] for a nn): 8/10 Such a gorgeous name! I love [name]Genevieve[/name] nn [name]Neve[/name].
[name]Vivienne[/name] (nn [name]Vivi[/name]): 6/10 I’m not a big fan of this name although this is my favourite spelling. [name]Vivi[/name] is super cute!
[name]Violet[/name] (too popular?): 9/10 I love [name]Violet[/name] though I am starting to worry about its popularity - it’s been popular in the UK and on nameberry for a while, but is only just starting to become popular here in Australia, so I guess it depends on your location.
[name]Caroline[/name] (for a dear friend who passed away): 5/10 This is not a name I like, but it’s lovely you’re considering your dear friends name. Perhaps save it for the middle?
[name]Georgina[/name] (husband hates this): 7/10 Have always loved this though I am slightly preferring [name]Georgiana[/name] these days. If your husband hates it, perhaps try and compromise it for the middle spot? Or suggest [name]Georgia[/name] or [name]Georgiana[/name] if you like those?
[name]Gwendolyn[/name] (nn [name]Gwen[/name]): 8/10 So sophisticated! The perfect balance of formal and informal with the nickname [name]Gwen[/name]. I prefer the [name]Gwendolen[/name] spelling however. Or even [name]Gwendoline[/name].

I love [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Vivienne[/name]! For [name]Genevieve[/name], what about the nn [name]Eve[/name] or [name]Evie[/name]? [name]Violet[/name] is another pretty one. It is getting popular, so maybe as a middle name? It’s not popular enough that you shouldn’t use it if you love it though [name]IMO[/name]. All nice choices. Good luck!

Thanks everyone! I like the idea of using vivi or evie as a nn for [name]Genevieve[/name]. I love the name but I don’t want her to end up with a nn I don’t like.

[name]Genevieve[/name] - Nickname her [name]Evie[/name] or [name]Vivi[/name], then. It’s perky and still underused.

[name]Vivienne[/name] - She’s an up and comer, feeling the revival burst. Like it, but [name]Vivien[/name] spelling feels more chic.

[name]Violet[/name] - A little been there done that to me; try [name]Viola[/name].

[name]Caroline[/name] - Timeless, elegant, and charming.

[name]Georgina[/name] - Maybe [name]Georgiana[/name], or even [name]Georgia[/name] as a middle name?

[name]Gwendolyn[/name] - [name]Adore[/name]. [name]Gwendolen[/name] is on my own list!

[name]Genevieve[/name] - Great name, great meaning. [name]Vivi[/name], [name]Evie[/name], etc, are good alternatives to [name]Gen[/name]/[name]Genny[/name].

[name]Vivienne[/name] - Cool name, but a little too hot right now, perhaps?

[name]Violet[/name] - I actually haven’t heard this that much, but I get the sense that it’s popular. Depends on region, I’m sure!

[name]Caroline[/name] - Sweet name, great sound, but very popular.

[name]Georgina[/name] - if your guy doesn’t like it, might as well get rid of it. He might like [name]Georgiana[/name] more? Pronounced either jor-[name]JAY[/name]-nuh, or jor-gee-[name]AH[/name]-nuh. Also, [name]Georgia[/name]?

[name]Gwendolyn[/name] - this name is sooo underused, and I love it! I prefer [name]Gwendolen[/name] only because I believe traditionally “yn” is the male ending, and “lyn” blends into all the trendy lyn names, like [name]Ashlyn[/name] et al.

My vote would be [name]Gwendolen[/name] or [name]Genevieve[/name].

[name]Violet[/name] followed closely by [name]Caroline[/name]…love the choices though. [name]Love[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] but don’t think you’d avoid those nick names!

My favorite is [name]Vivienne[/name], [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Gwendolyn[/name].

I like the idea of [name]Caroline[/name] as a middle name to honor your friend.
You could go to SSA names to see how popular these names. All of these names except maybe [name]Gwendolyn[/name] or [name]Georgina[/name] are top 1000, but that does not make them popular. None of them are top ten yet or even top fifty.

You still have a lot of time.

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

Great list! I love:

[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Gwendolyn[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]