Baby Girl Kick has a first name! Help us find her middle!

So after a long and arduous journey, we have definitively decided on [name]Elizabeth[/name]. [name]Both[/name] of us are very happy with this name, and it seems perfect for her!

Now we need a middle. I want her to have some semblance of a family name, since her big brother has a family name as his middle. I have the options listed below, but many of them don’t seem quite right.

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] - down side is that it yields the initials EEK. (Could call her “mouse” as a pet name!)
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Norah[/name] - spin off of [name]Elinor[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Jane[/name]/[name]Jean[/name] - don’t like the meanings together
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]/[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]/[name]Bea[/name] - is [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Bea[/name] Kick to abrupt?

Family names from which to draw:
[name]Elinor[/name] (or any variation on the same name - there are many!)
[name]Louise[/name] - not a fan at all, sorry. :frowning:
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Jean[/name] (see variations on [name]Elinor[/name])

Yay! Congratulations on choosing [name]Elizabeth[/name] - it is beautiful!

My favorite is [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] Kick, but the EEK think is a bit odd. Might you consider [name]Helen[/name] or [name]Helena[/name] as an alternative? [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Helena[/name] Kick is pretty!

Instead of [name]Norah[/name], what about [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Annora[/name] Kick? [name]Even[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Honor[/name] Kick is kind of cool!

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Yea! I’m so happy you found a name! Woo-hoo!!! I love [name]Elizabeth[/name], and think it’s great with Kick!

[name]Even[/name] though both names begin with [name]EL[/name], I love the sound of [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] Kick the most. I agree that EEK isn’t the best, but I know someone with A$$ initials. EEK isn’t a bad word or anything, but I can understand if you’re not comfortable. (I know a little girl who as EAT initials, and it’s no big deal to her.)

I love [name]Beatrix[/name], but [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] sounds B heavy to me. I love [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Norah[/name], and [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lucille[/name] from your list, too. (I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is beautiful, too, but I think longer middles sound great with Kick.)

I love the suggestion of [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Annora[/name] Kick! I know you love [name]Annora[/name], and I think it’s great with [name]Elizabeth[/name]. :slight_smile:

Congrats again on finding a name! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I love the suggestions of [name]Annora[/name] and [name]Honor[/name]. [name]Honor[/name] is such a cool name!

I know it may sound odd, but the meanings of names are very important to me. Although both these names have the very virtuous meaning of “honor”, I’m not sure I want to saddle my daughter with this meaning. Especially coupled with [name]Elizabeth[/name]'s meaning of “God is my oath”. It seems a little heavy to me.

I love the meaning of the [name]Elinor[/name]/[name]Norah[/name]/[name]Lucille[/name] vein of “light”, so [name]Helen[/name]/[name]Helena[/name] may be a great option!

I’ve been leaning toward [name]Elinor[/name], but obviously my one hesitation is the initials.

Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement!

I really like [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]. I personally wouldn’t have a probably with the initials EEK.

So clue me in what’s the problem with [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Jane[/name]'s meaning when put together? I looked them up and a problem wasn’t obvious. In fact when I thought about how [name]Jean[/name]/[name]Jane[/name] is a feminine form of [name]John[/name], I liked the Biblical connection - [name]Elizabeth[/name] is the mother of [name]John[/name] the Baptist.

Why do the initials pose a problem? I realize the spelling…but why does it matter?

[name]Just[/name] posing questions :).

Perhaps you couldn’t make an llBean bag with her complete initials, but I know when I put my initials on things…I just use first and last. Perhaps I’m different!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], and it’s great with your last name!

[name]Annora[/name] and [name]Honor[/name] sound great in the middle. [name]Ah[/name], but the meaning is a problem. Kick is a fun last name, though, and lightens things up a bit. I understand, though. I like a name combo with at least one light and cheerful name.

I must say that my favorite name combo with [name]Elizabeth[/name] and Kick is [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] Kick! Yes, there is the EEK factor, but it could be fun to have initials that sound like a mouse squeaking. I wouldn’t let the EEK factor stop me!

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] is super pretty, too! Actually, it would be hard for me to choose between [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]!

I also think [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] Kick has the best flow of all your options, and this would be my vote.
As for the EEK thing, I just wanted to add that I think these initials are actually kind of cute. My almost-two-year-old’s favorite book is this pop-up book called “Eek-a-boo.” It’s really a Halloween book, but she thinks it’s so much fun to read that we keep it out year round. The first lines are, “Bats Squeak: eek, eek, eek.”

Thanks for more votes for [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Elinor[/name]! I really like this combo, and my great-grandmother [name]Elinor[/name] was a great person in my life up until she passed two years ago. She would be a wonderful person to name my daughter after.

The initials EEK just make me think of being startled or scared. It’s not terrible, just not ideal.

As for the meanings of [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Jane[/name], one means “God is my oath” and one means “God is gracious”. I love both meanings, but I feel that together the whole name is lacking personality or identity. Does that make sense?

Thanks again to everyone for all your help! With any luck, [name]Elizabeth[/name] will be here in just a few weeks!

Ok…that’s downright adorable! If we name her [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Elinor[/name], I will have to get this book! Thanks!

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] - I love it, I love the mouse thing too, it’s sweet!
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Norah[/name] - [name]How[/name] about [name]Annora[/name], Honnora, [name]Honor[/name] or Hesper?
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Jane[/name]/[name]Jean[/name] - I love [name]Elizabeth[/name], but two mainstream names just don’t do much and I put a lot into meanings, if you don’t like the meanings discredit it.
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]/[name]Lucy[/name]- I don’t like the sounds together.
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]/[name]Bea[/name]- I like [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name], but how about Bex, [name]Rebecca[/name], [name]Patricia[/name] or [name]Allison[/name].

So my favourite is [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] Kick

Wow! [name]Elizabeth[/name] Kick is really beautiful! I love the name [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I think it’s so simple, classic and beautiful. It also comes with the adorable nickname [name]Lizzy[/name].

My favorites from your list are [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Elinor[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Norah[/name].

My favorite in order are
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] Kick
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Norah[/name] Kick
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] Kick.

All are great options.

I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Norah[/name] Kick is great and would eliminate the Eek issue.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] Kick? I think that sounds beautiful and it’s not [name]Louise[/name]! Or how about the chic [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lou[/name] Kick a la [name]Seal[/name] and Heid Klum?

If any variation of [name]Louise[/name] is out then I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Beatriz[/name] Kick flow better than [name]Beatrix[/name]. The X followed by a K seems harsh.

[name]Hope[/name] this helps and let us know what you eventually decide!! :slight_smile:

I agree–I love [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Norah[/name]!

Thank you for the continued votes and suggestions, everyone! We haven’t come to a final decision yet, as my husband is working long, long hours this week. I’m beginning to love [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] despite the initials; we’ll just have to see what my husband thinks of it!

[name]Lemon[/name] - I can’t shake your suggestion of [name]Honor[/name]. It is gorgeous, different, and as a plus, my son’s middle name is also a word-name: [name]Ransom[/name], after his great-grandfather. It may be a fit!

First of all, I am very relieved that I’m not the only one finding names I love with EEK initials. And to see that so many of you have said its not a big deal. That is comforting for my future naming adventures!

That being said, as with many others I love [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Elinor[/name].
I see where you are coming from with [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Jane[/name] feeling a little plain, but I find it classic and romantic in a [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name]/Pride and Prejudice sort of way.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] as a first!

I think I like [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] Kick the best, it’s so elegant, and the initials are not really a problem!

After talking to my husband, we are most likely going with [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Elinor[/name]! This was my great-grandmother’s name and my daughter will be born right around what would have been GG’s birthday. I think if we approach the initials as being “cute” or even no big deal, it won’t be.

Thank you to everyone who has helped along this long, long process! I appreciate your help!