Baby girl name

[name_u]True[/name_u] [name_f]Rumi[/name_f] can be a nn to [name_f]Rumer[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

We actually have [name_f]Darya[/name_f], Delara and [name_f]Parisa[/name_f] on our list however either me or DH don’t like one or the other! :stuck_out_tongue:

So exciting to see some fresh name ideas! I like all three and they suit your rules perfectly.
[name_f]Rumi[/name_f] would be my personal favourite.
Shily I really like! I hadn’t heard it before.
[name_f]Elara[/name_f] is lovely, not my personal style but I can see its beauty

[name_f]Elara[/name_f] is the prettiest both appearance wise and sound wise… also the easiest to pronounce upon first glance! Neither [name_f]Rumi[/name_f] nor Shily are my personal taste.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Elara[/name_f]! Never heard of it before but it’s gorgeous.

[name_f]Rumi[/name_f] - I like the background and it is definitely very usable. [name_f]Beyonce[/name_f] named one of her daughters [name_f]Rumi[/name_f] recently, so it’s a bit more familiar but still (to my knowledge) not used a ton.
[name_f]Elara[/name_f] - I love the sound and look. It’ll be easily pronounced, probably easily spelled. It sounds familiar and on trend without (to my knowledge) being super popular.
Shily - Not a fan of the look or sound, but the meaning is cute. There will inevitably be lots of issues with people misspelling or mispronouncing it.

My two favorites are [name_f]Rumi[/name_f] and [name_f]Elara[/name_f]. My personal favorite is [name_f]Elara[/name_f], but either is a good name. To me they have very different vibes. [name_f]Rumi[/name_f] feels cozier and softer, and [name_f]Elara[/name_f] feels more crisp. I don’t know if you have a particular feel in mind, but I don’t think you can really go wrong with either name.

I love [name_f]Rumi[/name_f] and [name_f]Elara[/name_f]! I really can’t choose between the two of them but I think either one would be a great choice!

[name_m]How[/name_m] would you pronounce [name_f]Elara[/name_f]? I can think of three different ways:

EE-lar-ah (think this is the way the moon is pronounced)

Eh-LAR-ah

[name_f]ELL[/name_f]-ar-ah

Also makes a difference where you live. In the US the -arah (like in [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]) sounds like air. While in UK, it’s more of an arr sound.

For this reason, I think I would choose [name_f]Rumi[/name_f].

Good luck!

That’s a good point! We live in [name_f]Canada[/name_f] and we pronounce it Eh-lar-uh. I think that’s how most people would pronounce it here. I wouldn’t mind correcting if others mispronounce the name as I guess that can be the case with any name. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Elara[/name_f] and [name_f]Rumi[/name_f] are lovely names. [name_f]Elara[/name_f] is beautiful, since it sounds delicate and feminine, yet I like [name_f]Rumi[/name_f] for other qualities; spunk and freshness. I am not particularly fond of the name “Shily”. [name_f]Shirley[/name_f] would make a greater alternative to Shily, however, if the name is significant to you, you should use it. I think I prefer [name_f]Rumi[/name_f].

[name_f]Rumi[/name_f] is my favourite. [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name and I wasn’t aware of the [name_f]Beyonce[/name_f] connection. [name_f]Elara[/name_f] is okay, but sounds like a lot of popular names to me that start and end in vowels, so even though [name_f]Elara[/name_f] is not popular it’s very like lots of names that are popular. The sounds are nice in Shily, however I just hear ‘Are you shy?’ which is a constant and negative question asked to kids around me - and surely the name would provoke the question and be especially difficult if the child is quiet and thoughtful in character.