Baby is 5 weeks old - still unsure of name! HELP!

Well, we didn’t know what we were having and were convinced we’d have another boy - to our surprise, we had a little girl!
We have 2 boys, their names are:
[name]William[/name] [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Seaton[/name] then our SURNAME - we call him [name]Toby[/name]
[name]Augustus[/name] [name]Jeremy[/name] [name]Seaton[/name] then our SURNAME - we call him [name]Gus[/name].

Our little girls name didn’t get as much thought or research,just because we didn’t expect to have a little girl after having 2 boys. Our girls name (first name) has been the same since my first pregnancy. I guess I didn’t factor in that it would have risen in popularity in 5 years!

Her name (at the moment!) is [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Tallulah[/name] [name]Seaton[/name] then our surname. We live in [name]Bermuda[/name] although we are very likely to move to [name]England[/name] in a few years time (I am English). [name]Poppy[/name] was about #26 in the UK birth registry and [name]Tallulah[/name] is about #230.

I really really like the name [name]Tallulah[/name] and it’s more unusual than [name]Poppy[/name]. I do like [name]Poppy[/name], dont’ get me wrong, but … Since our boys have fairly unusual names, I wouldn’t like [name]Poppy[/name] to be one of many [name]Poppy[/name]'s when we get to [name]England[/name]. If we did [name]Tallulah[/name], I would probably use [name]Lula[/name] as her nickname.

I still really like the name [name]Poppy[/name] and really am used to calling her it already - I am not sure if I could even change it now. I am really just wondering if we’ve made the right decision - for some reason I just don’t feel right about it. I can’t get my head round the fact that it’s getting to be a pretty common name now - and it will probably have risen in popularity since the 2008 stats I looked at. My boys would probably be confused if we changed it. They are 4.5 and 2.5 years old. I

Any thoughts on how we might be able to interchange between the two? I’m so undecided about the whole thing. I can’t stop thinking about it and it’s driving me crazy. We would still stick with [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Tallulah[/name] for official purposes but it’s whether we use [name]Tallulah[/name] or [name]Lula[/name].

Could we use both - or is that just confusing?! Please help me.

Please can you help me sort this out once and for all!!

[name]Tallulah[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] is cute. You can still call her [name]Lula[/name] or [name]Poppy[/name]. You can switch the names around and still have your favorite names.

I think it is going to have to be [name]Poppy[/name] [name]Tallulah[/name] (husband will not change the order of the names - plus I’m just about to submit it to the birth registry so we can get a birth certificate for the passport).
It’s just a question of what we actually call her!

I love the name [name]Poppy[/name]. I wouldn’t worry about it being so popular. That said, I don’t think you need to worry about legally changing her names around. You can call her whatever you like and let her decide what she likes best when she gets older. Honestly being #26 in the UK does not translate to there being 3 Poppys in her class at school. She might not meet another [name]Poppy[/name] for ages.

hmmm… I like the name you chose and it would be a shame to change it now… especially for confusing your boys.
right now do you call her [name]Poppy[/name] or a nn ? It looks like with [name]William[/name] you go by a nick name from his middle name, so why not do that here? Keep [name]Poppy[/name] as her name, but call her [name]Lula[/name]. Or maybe you can cal her [name]Poppy[/name]-[name]Lu[/name].

good luck
melly

I personally think you need to pick one or another as using both would get confusing for her and your sons, but I don’t think it’s too late to change at all. There are a few tortured mother’s on these forums who can’t come to terms with their babies names when they’re 6/7/8/9 even 10 months old so I think it’s better that you feel this way now and deal with it one way or another while she’s still too young to have an idea about her name.

I love [name]Poppy[/name] (I live in the UK by the way) but yes it is getting popular. My best friend’s niece was born this year called [name]Poppy[/name] and I’ve heard of a few others too so if popularity really does bother you then maybe she should go by [name]Talullah[/name]. I noticed [name]Toby[/name]'s first name is [name]William[/name] so you already have another child who goes by his middle name which should make it easier. It won’t take long for your sons to transistion to her new name at their age, especially as it’s already her middle name and not a completely brand new name.

I have an elder cousin who was called one name for a month before his mum decided she preferred his middle name and started calling him by that, it’s not really that big a deal in my opinion.

And [name]Talullah[/name] is a beautiful name too, I really love it. It’s fun to say, looks pretty, and is very feminine. [name]Lula[/name] is adorable as a nn too.

[name]How[/name] does your husband feel? Is it only you who is unsure about [name]Poppy[/name] or are you both having doubts?

I think both names are gorgeous and whichever you decide fits your family best would be great, you honestly can’t go wrong. But I do think you should decide a.s.a.p to avoid any unnecessary confusion or stress to yourselves.

It’s hard for me to really give you an opinion one way or another though cos I honestly love both names :slight_smile:

Good luck, I hope you find peace with her name soon one way or another!

It looks like with [name]William[/name] you go by a nick name from his middle name, so why not do that here? Keep [name]Poppy[/name] as her name, but call her [name]Lula[/name]. Or maybe you can cal her [name]Poppy[/name]-[name]Lu[/name].

good luck
melly[/quote]

I totally agree with this you can still call her [name]Lula[/name] even though her name is [name]Poppy[/name].

[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Tallulah[/name] [name]Seaton[/name] is adorable. It has great flow, great energy, and great amounts of charm. I wouldn’t change anything! Your [name]Toby[/name] goes by a nickname off his middle name, right? He’s [name]William[/name] [name]Tobias[/name]? So, Miss [name]Poppy[/name] can be [name]Poppy[/name], [name]Tallulah[/name], [name]Poppy[/name]-[name]Lu[/name], or [name]Lula[/name]! I wouldn’t change the name, myself, but if you feel you need to call her by a different nickname, I think you’ve given yourself plenty of options already. She’s got a great name!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile: