Baby Mahomes

Patrick Mahomes (NFL quarterback) and his wife announced their baby’s name:

Patrick Lavon Mahomes III. But he will go by Bronze.

Their daughter’s name is Sterling Skye. They said they picked Bronze because it went well with Sterling. What do you all think? I actually think Bronze is really interesting and cool, but they might have backed themselves into a corner if they ever have a 3rd. He/she will just have to be called Golden!

EDIT: I just realized Bronze could also be a subtle nod to ‘III’. (Like using Tripp as a nickname for a III). I don’t know if they did that intentionally, but its pretty cool!

9 Likes

amazing nickname for a III. So creative, i love it.

3 Likes

I didn’t notice the nod to the 3rd with [name_m]Bronze[/name_m] u til someone pointed it out on here on another post.

I kinda like it.

They definitely have a theme going though. [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] and [name_m]Bronze[/name_m] and their dogs are [name_u]Steel[/name_u] and [name_u]Silver[/name_u].

I did read earlier today in his first interview (about football) since the baby was born that he had always wanted to name his son [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] III and that they would call him [name_m]Tre[/name_m]. His dad was [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] and goes by [name_u]Pat[/name_u], then him as [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]. After they found out it was a boy, his brother suggested [name_m]Bronze[/name_m] and they went with it. He said then [name_m]Bronze[/name_m] had a tie to [name_u]Sterling[/name_u], plus had the [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] like him and his dad, plus a nod to his brother.

3 Likes

[name_f]Pretty[/name_f] sure its intentional! Cute, bet he ends up Bro :joy: