Baby name bracket - FINAL ROUND - Clara vs. Charlotte - Pick the Winner!

Well berries, you have spoken! Clara and Charlotte are the most loved names in this tournament out of the following:

Claire
Ella
Olivia
Anna
Liv
Stevie
Clara
Charlotte

This was fun and also helpful to my husband and I as we try to narrow down a name! Now it’s time to vote in the final round to choose the winner!

• Clara (pronounced “Clair-Uh”. This is most common where we live).
  • Charlotte

0 voters

I think I slightly prefer [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Such a difficult choice between the two as they’re both so lovely! I ultimately chose [name_f]Clara[/name_f] as that is the one I would likely choose for my daughter. I find it a tad softer than [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f].

However, I’m wondering if overall [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] with nn [name_f]Liv[/name_f] is your personal favorite? In your original posts, it seemed like [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] was the one but you were concerned about popularity. Don’t let the Nameberry votes sway you from your favorite. Especially since Nameberry members usually do vote for the least popular name. Not always, but I would say it leans that way. Also, I personally know many more Charlottes than Olivias. Choose what you love!

Also, is [name_u]Grey[/name_u] set as a middle name? I don’t love [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] as it’s clunky. I do like the flow of [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u].
Best of luck!

1 Like

Thank you for such a thoughtful response! I definitely love [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] with nn [name_f]Liv[/name_f]. The popularity was mostly what was holding me back (also [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is #1 for my husband and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is #2).

It’s nice to hear the reassurance that Nameberry doesn’t necessarily represent the real world. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I actually don’t know a single [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], which is why we like it so much. It’s a beautiful name and no one in our circle of friends or family has it so we feel like maybe we should snatch it up!

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] was a dark horse name that came about for us recently and I was really loving it and we were both thinking it was the one and a nice compromise until I came across the cow and clown associations with [name_f]Clarabelle[/name_f] and that put me off. I don’t know how big of a deal those things are but it does bother me.

We had hoped to use [name_u]Grey[/name_u] as a middle name to honour a family member but we are playing around with a couple other variations like [name_u]Graycen[/name_u] or [name_f]Grayce[/name_f] depending on the first name we end up choosing to help with flow. There was also a great suggestion on here from another [name_u]Berry[/name_u] about including two middle names. So for example, today we talked about [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] or [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] because [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] sound clunky.

Thanks again for your insight!

It really is pretty! :heart_eyes:

If you and your husband do not personally know an [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], I would definitely think more on this one. We didn’t know an [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] either but still didn’t use it, and I’ve regretted it. Now, eighteen months later, we still do not personally know one, ha. Therefore, my biggest fear with [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] has proven so far to not be true. Of course, I hear it regularly at the playground with my daughters. But in reality, just hearing it makes me love it all the more.

I suggest you write out your options with you and your husband’s name and see which one feels the most natural for your family. Also, I would order my Starbucks or Chick-fil-a under some of the names we were considering just so I could hear another individual say it out. Actually, one name that was very high on our list, we did the Starbucks thing and I cringed when I heard it, ha! Of course that one was taken off the list immediately.

I’m usually not a fan of two middles but I do think it could work well here so that you can use the meaningful [name_u]Grey[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite name to do this with is [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] as it makes the two names seem like middles rather than a run on of names.
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] flows very well.