Baby name Cassidy? WDYT?

[name]Do[/name] you like it?
[name]How[/name] would you spell it?
What second name would suit it?

I don’t care for it - it feels kind of masculine /trendy.

(Plus I’m often called [name]Cassidy[/name] because people mishear [name]Cassie[/name], so that could be part of my distaste, lol)

I would most definitely keep the proper spelling, though.

Very trendy, surnamey, the only redeeming feature is [name]Cassie[/name].
[name]How[/name] about:
[name]Cassia[/name]
[name]Lucasta[/name]
Casimira
[name]Jocasta[/name]
?

I love [name]Cassidy[/name] I think it’s a good spin to get the nn [name]Cassie[/name] if that’s what you’re going for and also it’s less ‘stuffy’ than [name]Cassandra[/name], super cute in my opinion

I like [name]Cassidy[/name]. It’s actually the nn [name]Cassie[/name] I’m not crazy about. IDK if it would be a problem or not.

[name]Cassidy[/name] is pretty. I’m not a fan of [name]Cassie[/name] though.

Here is some combos I like with it:

[name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Belle[/name]

As a side note, I do like the nickname [name]Edie[/name] for it…It might be totally off the mark, but it sort of fits the pronounciation.

I don’t like it at all. Sounds surnamey, boyish and dated, all at once. Sorry, I don’t mean to offend.

I think any of these ^ suggestions would be better.

I don’t like it. It feels masculine to me too, just nms. [name]Cassie[/name] is ok. I used to really like [name]Cassandra[/name] or [name]Cassie[/name], not sure what changed for me. I still prefer those to [name]Cassidy[/name]. If you’re going to use it, I’d suggest pairing with a more feminine mn. Or use it as a mn, better yet.

I like [name]Cassidy[/name]. It’s actually one of the few names I like equally for girls and boys. For a middle name, I would go with something obviously feminine to balance out the unisexness of [name]Cassidy[/name].

I like [name]Cassidy[/name], but I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name]. [name]Both[/name] have [name]Cass[/name]/[name]Cassie[/name] as nns, but [name]Cassandra[/name] has so much more substance.

I’m not a fan either, sorry. Between hearing it on boys a lot lately, and its somewhat dated feel, I don’t especially love it. I used to love [name]Cassie[/name], so that would have redeemed it for me, but I don’t really even like the nn [name]Cassie[/name] anymore… I guess I just got over it. I do absolutely love the suggestion of [name]Cassia[/name], though! So pretty and naturey. :slight_smile:

Agreed. I’m not fond of [name]Cass[/name], either. Would people inevitably call a child named [name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Cass[/name] or [name]Cassie[/name]? I don’t know either, but shrug at least it’s better than [name]Cash[/name].

[name]Jocasta[/name] is a beautiful tragic name, but a real person called [name]Jocasta[/name] could potentially be called two nicknames I dislike: [name]Jo[/name] and [name]Cass[/name].

[name]Love[/name] your suggestion of [name]Edie[/name] and the combo [name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Jane[/name].

I also like [name]Sidda[/name] as a nickname for [name]Cassidy[/name].

I like [name]Cassidy[/name], but I would be certain to pair it with a very feminine middle name.

I like [name]Cassidy[/name] and have always heard it as a girls’ name so to me it seems feminine and pretty. I think what we hear a name used as first has a lot to do with our opinions on them. I don’t like [name]Cassandra[/name]. To me [name]Cassie[/name] doesn’t even go as a nickname for it. it would be [name]Sandy[/name] or [name]Sandra[/name]. I wouldn’t call a [name]Cassidy[/name] by [name]Cassie[/name] though either. I like [name]Cassia[/name] a lot too. [name]Cassie[/name] goes best for than name in my opinion.

It’s not my style, but it’s okay.
[name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Audra[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Faith[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Juno[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Willow[/name]

I actually like [name]Cassidy[/name]! I know a girl who is around sixteen named [name]Cassidy[/name] as well as a baby (maybe a year old) also named [name]Cassidy[/name], so it seems to me that the name kind of fits well for all ages. I prefer it on a girl, personally.

I love the suggestion of [name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Jane[/name], I think it’s really pretty and simple. I also think the [name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] suggestion is pretty and, if you don’t like [name]Cassie[/name], you can call a [name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] Cece because of her intials! (CJ would work for [name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Jane[/name], but initial nicknames like that are often more masculine sounding).

That middle bit amusing. I’m [name]Cassandra[/name] and I’ve always been called [name]Cassie[/name] and almost every other [name]Cassandra[/name] I’ve come across has gone by [name]Cassie[/name], too. I don’t see how it doesn’t go lol. [name]CASSandra[/name]…[name]CASSie[/name]…

It’s okay. Not a favorite but not terrible.
I like [name]Jane[/name] with it. A short, simple name would work best since it’s rather trendy and 3 syllables.

Other mn options might be: [name]Dawn[/name], [name]Faith[/name], [name]Eve[/name], [name]Joy[/name], [name]Ruth[/name]

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas!!! I have only ever met one person called [name]Cassidy[/name] and she was a 4 or 5 year old little girl so that’s probably why I’ve always thought of it as a girls name but obviously it can be both. I already have a baby girl named [name]Sienna[/name] and we call her [name]Si[/name] [name]Si[/name] (C C) for short. I will keep thinking about [name]Cassidy[/name] but Im not so sure its the right name for us especially because I let it slip to my Mum (we dont usually tell ANYONE our name choices) and she screwed up her nose and suggested other names…Oh well will keep it in mind but will keep looking to find “the” name! Thanks for your advice!