Baby name help!

We can’t decide on a name for our son. What are your favorite combinations? Our last name is a short, one syllable H name. Scott was a family name, so we’ve tried it with several combos…

Silas Beckett (or Beckham)
Elias Wade
Brody Scott
Ezra Scott
Hudson Scott
Joel Emerson

2 Likes

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] or [name_m]Joel[/name_m] [name_m]Emerson[/name_m] would be so handsome!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Beckham[/name_m]! I also really pike the name [name_m]Joel[/name_m].

Gosh [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] is so handsome :scream:

1 Like

[name_m]Joel[/name_m] [name_m]Emerson[/name_m] is really nice and unexpected. [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] is great too!

1 Like

I like [name_m]Joel[/name_m] [name_m]Emerson[/name_m].

Top 3 are:
[name_m]Elias[/name_m] [name_m]Wade[/name_m] Scott?? (Yaweh is [name_m]God[/name_m] at the river crossing from [name_f]Scotland[/name_f])
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m] (Help from [name_f]Scotland[/name_f])
[name_m]Brody[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m] (broad island from [name_f]Scotland[/name_f])

1 Like

I love:

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] - gorgeous and handsome - and the meaning is lovely

[name_m]Brody[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m] - charming and cool

[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m] - a nice balance of sounds, sharp but soft

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] is one of my absolute favorites, I dont intend on having kids so I 100% vote for that

I love [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m] :four_leaf_clover:

I have always loved the name [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] he’s handsome, outdoorsy, soft and rugged. I think [name_m]Scott[/name_m] makes a really handsome soft middle name for [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] and I like how visually short but strong the name is.

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Beckham[/name_m], [name_m]Elias[/name_m] [name_m]Wade[/name_m], [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m], [name_m]Joel[/name_m] [name_m]Emerson[/name_m] are my favorites!

I like [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] best with a one syllable last name.

[name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m]

They are all nice, the rest just comes down to personal taste.

I love the flow of [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] & [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m] the most. I like [name_m]Joel[/name_m] [name_m]Emerson[/name_m], but not sure I would like [name_m]Joel[/name_m] with a 1 syllable surname.

Now that you say it, [name_m]Joel[/name_m] is probably out… we liked the full name, but [name_m]Joel[/name_m] with just our last name doesn’t work as well.

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] and [name_m]Elias[/name_m] [name_m]Wade[/name_m] are my favorites! [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] is stunning!!!

[name_m]Joel[/name_m] [name_m]Emerson[/name_m] is absolutely my favourite from your list, and I don’t think that [name_m]Joel[/name_m] needs to be out because of the one-syllable surname (unless the sounds clash or it rhymes, for example). A 1-1 syllable count can sound snappy and sharp.

I wonder if you’d like [name_m]Prescott[/name_m]? It seems to fit the breezy, preppy style of names you like, and it obviously contains [name_m]Scott[/name_m].

1 Like

Joel Emerson is refreshing. That would be my favourite. Joel is a classic that’s always in style but never overly common. Love the unexpected pairing with Emerson.

Ezra Scott is snappy and fun. That would be next on my list.

You don’t need to rule it out just yet! One syllable names aren’t as common so they’re usually a lot more memorable. It can take some time to adjust to the sound but I find they work well when you get use to pausing a little between the two names.

1 Like

So many great choices - you can’t go wrong with any that you choose. [name_f]My[/name_f] personal favourites would be [name_m]Elias[/name_m] [name_m]Wade[/name_m] or [name_m]Brody[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m]!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite combo with a family name: [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_m]Scott[/name_m]

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite combo without a family name: [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_m]Beckham[/name_m]