Baby name Kamilla?

So I’ve been on a name stint for awhile, and I’m just curious on thoughts of the name [name_f]Kamilla[/name_f]??

Would it be cute on a little girl or does it give off a stuffy kind of vibe? I keep coming back to this name!

When I read it I pronounce it as kah-MILL-uh, but do any of you first read it as kah-MEAL-uh (this is kind of how I pronounce ‘[name_u]Camille[/name_u]’)?

I like the nickname possibilities - [name_f]Kami[/name_f], [name_f]Millie[/name_f]…

What do you think??

It’s not stuffy at all! It’s very pretty, though I don’t know how I feel about it being spelled with a K… [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] instead maybe?

1 Like

[name_f]Kamilla[/name_f] isn’t my style, but I can absolutely see the appeal! I like it better spelled [name_f]Camilla[/name_f], although I can’t quite pinpoint why. Regardless, it’s one of those sweet-spot names that somehow manages to have strong history without feeling heavy, and it feels modern but not trendy. Plus it’s familiar, but not heavily used. I don’t think it sounds stuffy, especially with the delightful [name_f]Millie[/name_f] as a nickname! I would be inclined to pronounce it the same as you; I would say [name_f]Camilla[/name_f]/[name_f]Kamilla[/name_f] as kah-MILL-uh and [name_f]Camila[/name_f] (one “L”) as kah-MEAL-uh.

I do think [name_f]Kamilla[/name_f] is super pretty, but I like the [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] spelling more. Definitely not stuffy at all, and very cute! I pronounced it as [name_f]Kat[/name_f]-MILL-uh first, and I think that most people in [name_u]America[/name_u] that are native [name_f]English[/name_f] speakers would pronounce it that way. I do think a [name_f]Kamilla[/name_f] would always have to say “[name_f]Camilla[/name_f] with a K,” but that’s certainly not a hard correction to make, and if you like I more, definitely go for it! I think [name_f]Kamilla[/name_f] is so sweet and easy to say that she wouldn’t need a nickname, but I agree it has great potential. I especially like [name_f]Millie[/name_f] and [name_f]Mila[/name_f]!

Ohhh [name_f]Mila[/name_f] is pretty!

I prefer [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] but [name_f]Kamilla[/name_f] sounds nice and [name_f]Kami[/name_f] is cute

I love [name_f]Camila[/name_f]/[name_f]Camilla[/name_f]! I’m not a fan of the K spelling, I’m sorry. [name_f]Mila[/name_f] would be a fantastic nickname.

I don’t mind it, but it makes me think of the pretentious sister from The Good Place (although hers is spelled differently). I definitely pronounce it -mill not -meal. Also, I much prefer K to C, so I like this spelling.

I would pronounce it as Kuh Meal Uh. But the other pronunciation is also pretty.
Unlike the others I’m not bothered by the use of K over C. Doesn’t really matter to me.

I’m not a fan of the ‘K’ spelling - it tends to be associated with tackier names these days - but I really like ‘[name_f]Camilla[/name_f]’. I think it’s elegant and pretty, but not stuffy at all.

I pronounce [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] as cah-MILL-uh, and [name_u]Camille[/name_u] is ca-meel.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], I’m the user of said name but with the single L, “[name_f]Kamila[/name_f]”, and here are my thoughts about it. I really like it as it is, kah-meal-uh but [name_f]Kamilla[/name_f], pronounced kah-mill-uh is good too. As you mentioned the nicknames, most people call me [name_f]Kami[/name_f] or [name_f]Kama[/name_f] and I find it very cute. I’ve never heard it sounds stuffy or anything like that. People generally like it. Also, I think the full name is very feminine and suits a grown up woman while [name_f]Kami[/name_f] or [name_f]Millie[/name_f] are perfect for the younger age.

I like it! I agree that with two “l”s I say “mill” in the middle, and with only one, “meal.”
(In response to a post above): I don’t think of K as tacky at all (one of my kids’ names starts with K—as do lots of great names!), but I think [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] is a much more common spelling—so you can weigh the pros and cons of that.
The K spelling also makes me think of [name_f]Kamala[/name_f] (KAH-mah-lah) a beautiful [name_u]South[/name_u] [name_f]Asian[/name_f] name.

[name_f]My[/name_f] friend had a baby girl named [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] a few years ago. We call her [name_f]Mila[/name_f] and [name_f]Millie[/name_f] mostly. Definitely wearable at all ages. I do prefer the C to the K spelling though.