baby name

My grandpa name is Tirzo and I am concidering naming my baby boy Tirzo but I am not to sure is a good or nice name.

I’ve never heard of the name Tirzo…is it an Italian name? I would suggest [name]Enzo[/name], instead.

Reminds me of [name]Tirzah[/name], a Hebrew girl’s name. That said, it is clearly a boy’s name. [name]Do[/name] you know where it comes from or what it means?

Tirzo… I like it! Is it pronounced Teer-zo? It’s got a cool sound! It’s especially great since it’s your grandfather’s name!

I agree. Cool name. Unusual, but doesn’t seem made-up.

Thank you soo much for your opinions!!!

My great grandfader name is Tirso and grandfather is Tirzo
I like the name just not sure I love it.

I am not sure I like for middle name or first name
Tirzo [name]Christopher[/name] or [name]Christopher[/name] Tirzo

This is what I know about the name:

Name is more popular in Spain and Portugal

Tirzo (Mexican, Spanish )
Tirso( Spanish ) and
Thyrso( Portuguese)
for Thyrsus, and usually refers to the saint of that name ([name]Saint[/name] Thyrsus) (San Tirso, [name]Santo[/name] Tirso). It can also refer to:

Places

[name]Santo[/name] Tirso, city in Portugal

[name]Santo[/name] Tirso parish, municipality in Portugal

San Tirso de Abres, municipality in Asturias

Tirso (river), the most important river of [name]Sardinia[/name] ([name]Italy[/name])

In Greek a thyrsus (thyrsos) was a staff of giant fennel covered with ivy vines and leaves
Origin: Greek
Meaning: The Greek name Tirso, Tirzo, Thyrso means - crowned with fig leaves

Thank you!!
yes the pronounces Teer…zo

I like it but because is very old fashion name not sure is good for middle name or first name

I don’t know if English speakers will know it’s old-fashioned. We don’t tend to be up on trends in other languages.

[name]Hi[/name]! I like Tirzo a lot, and from your names, I’ll vote for Tirzo [name]Christopher[/name]. :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thank you it help a lot knowing the other people like the name. few people in my family said is not a very nice or cute name :frowning: maybe because is so diferent that is why is good for me to asked other people outsite family also is one of the reason I am thinking of Tirzo as a middle nameor maybe as a first name. [name]Do[/name] you think Tirzo or Tirso or Thyrso?

Thanks a lot

I love it! I would use it as his first name and spell it either Tirzo or Thyrso. Congrats and good luck!