Baby No.2 for Boris & Carrie

British Prime Minister [name_u]Boris[/name_u] [name_m]Johnson[/name_m] is expecting his sixth (or seventh according to reports) child, his second with current wife [name_f]Carrie[/name_f] Symonds.

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] [name_m]Johnson[/name_m] will join older sibling [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] [name_m]Lawrie[/name_m] [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]. [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] was named after the Prime Minister’s Grandfather, Carrie’s grandfather and the doctors who treated him during his time in intensive care after he contract Covid-19.

The baby will also join half siblings [name_f]Lara[/name_f] [name_f]Lettice[/name_f], [name_u]Milo[/name_u] [name_u]Arthur[/name_u], [name_f]Cassia[/name_f] [name_f]Peaches[/name_f] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Apollo[/name_m].

Political allegiances aside, I love his children’s quirky names and can’t see what they come up with for the little one.

5 Likes

I suspect it with take influence again from [name_u]Boris[/name_u] & Carrie’s extended family trees but maybe with a twist

2 Likes

I agree! His children have great names. I might have a snoop at the family tree for more inspiration, but my money would be on another quirky-classic Telegraph-style name, like Otto, Hugo, Rupert, Rufus or Maximilian for a boy, and Florence, Ottilie, Jemima, Tabitha or Constance for a girl.

4 Likes

Really hope they don’t use [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] or [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] :sob: if they have a girl. I know [name_u]Boris[/name_u] likes his Greek mythology, I think something preppy paired with a Greek Mythological name.

Girls
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f]

Boys
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
Perseus/Percy
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u]
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
[name_m]Leander[/name_m]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]

2 Likes

I decided to look back at British [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Names’ yearly round-ups from the Telegraph announcements for inspiration, because I really think that’s their style (or at least Boris’s, given his other children’s lovely names - adore [name_f]Peaches[/name_f] as a mn). I also don’t think it’d be a super popular name either, because the other children’s names aren’t overly common for the years they were born.

Boys: [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_m]Maximillian[/name_m], [name_m]Rupert[/name_m], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m], [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m], [name_m]Otto[/name_m], [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m], [name_m]Albert[/name_m], [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_m]Augustus[/name_m], [name_m]Hector[/name_m], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], [name_m]Bertram[/name_m], [name_m]Chester[/name_m], [name_u]Percy[/name_u], [name_m]Ernest[/name_m]

Girls: [name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f], [name_f]Camilla[/name_f], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Arabella[/name_f], [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], [name_f]Cecily[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Cosima[/name_f], [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_f]Jemima[/name_f], [name_f]Antigone[/name_f], [name_f]Bluebell[/name_f] (likely a MN), [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f], [name_f]Olympia[/name_f], [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], [name_f]India[/name_f], [name_u]Kitty[/name_u], [name_f]Agatha[/name_f], [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]

4 Likes

Reviving this following reports that Boris and Carrie Johnson welcomed a daughter earlier today!

I think we can agree that Allegra is out :neutral_face:

But I stand by my previous predictions

and would like to add Mabel and Iris (“rainbow”) for a girl, as well as seconding lots of @leafsgirl44’s excellent suggestions. Flora, Beatrice (or Beatrix), Margot, Cosima and Clementine in particular feel very on-brand to me.

Any other predictions?

2 Likes

[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] and [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f] is a good shout, I think that’s a high possibility.

Maybe [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]. I’d like to see [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] but maybe that’s wishful thinking!

1 Like

He seems to like Ancient Greek mythology names and she seems to like old fashioned names so I’m guessing for Penelope, Daphne, Cora or Iris.

Cordelia is going to be my wild card.

His mother Charlotte also recently passed away so maybe she will feature in there somewhere?

2 Likes

Ooh good shout for [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] featuring. I adore [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]!

I’m thinking [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] or [name_f]Clara[/name_f].

@eireann I don’t think they will use [name_f]Theodora[/name_f], he already has a [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. Which is a shame as I love the name Thea/Theodora

2 Likes

I think Cosima still gets my vote, but I feel like Flora, Beatrice/Beatrix, Clementine, Kitty and Arabella or Annabel could still be on the table? Also definitely could see Antigone as a middle name!

1 Like

Good point! I forgot about his other kids. A shame, I think [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] and [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] are a cute sibset.

1 Like

I don’t think she’s going to be [name_u]Florence[/name_u] because [name_u]David[/name_u] Cameron’s in-office baby was [name_u]Florence[/name_u]. And for my sake I hope they don’t go with Iris…

I suck at predictions but for the fun of it I’ll say [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] or [name_u]Antonia[/name_u]

1 Like

My thinking is that it’s a fashionable vintage name, and Carrie has publicly stated that this is her “rainbow baby” following a loss last year. But it might be too popular for them!

1 Like

I’ve seen that a few betting shops in the UK have [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] as a favourite for her, after Boris’s late mum who passed in [name_u]September[/name_u]. I’m not sure if it’s too popular for them or not, but I could definitely see it as a middle. Her middle name was [name_u]Maria[/name_u] so that could be another MN possibility!

If they use [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] I’ll be soo so pissed

1 Like

I feel your stress! But honestly, I don’t immediately think of Boris’ son when I hear [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] (or any of his other children’s names). I think [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] would still be very usable (and lovely!)

1 Like

:innocent::innocent:
I strongly feel they may use [name_u]Florence[/name_u] or [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] something like that. Maybe even a revival of the real oldies like [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_f]Ethel[/name_f] or [name_f]Nancy[/name_f].

[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] and [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] literally sound like a dog/cat combo too.

1 Like

[name_f]Nancy[/name_f] is ranked number 64 and [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] 98 so they don’t feel out the realm of possibility. Feels about right with [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] (142).

2 Likes

Another thought today. Edith!?

1 Like