Baby Number 2

[name]Hi[/name] all,

I have posted once before for names for our second baby
(sex unknown), we now have 13 weeks to go and have have cut the list down to 3 boys and 4 girls.

our sons name is [name]Oliver[/name]

[name]Archie[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Parker[/name]

[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

[name]Archie[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]

Boys:
[name]Parker[/name]

Girls:
[name]Ruby[/name] or
[name]Matilda[/name]

[name]Oliver[/name] & [name]Ivy[/name] would make a great sib-set! I adore the name [name]Ivy[/name].

You have such great names picked out!
With [name]Oliver[/name], I like [name]Parker[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name]! Good luck!

Wow! You have such great taste in names!
I love every single one of these!
I think [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] are absolutely perfect together!
And [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Archie[/name] are great for brothers!
:slight_smile:
Good luck!

My favorites with [name]Oliver[/name] are [name]Archer[/name] nn [name]Archie[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name]. Second place would be [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Grace[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Grace[/name] goes the best with [name]Oliver[/name]. [name]Both[/name] simple classic names. I strongly dislike the name [name]Parker[/name] and dont think it works with [name]Oliver[/name].
Good [name]Luck[/name] and Congrats!

[name]Archie[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] or [name]Ivy[/name]

[name]Archie[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]

[name]Archie[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] or [name]Ivy[/name] are my picks.

I love the name [name]Oliver[/name]. I’m having a hard time with your list of boys’ names for your second. My favorite, by a landslide, is [name]Oscar[/name] and it matches [name]Oliver[/name]'s feel. BUT, and this is a HUGE BUT, I just can’t see two brothers named [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Oscar[/name] - the names are way too close with the same beginning and ending sounds. It doesn’t surprise me that if you love [name]Oliver[/name], then you must also love [name]Oscar[/name] (you probably considered [name]Oscar[/name] for your first son as well), but I think this is unfortunately really an either/or type of situation.
[name]Parker[/name] just doesn’t fit at all in my opinion - not with [name]Oliver[/name], and not with the names on your girl list. It sounds extra trendy, and it completely lacks the charm of the other names you love.
[name]Archie[/name] is adorable, as would be brothers [name]Archie[/name] and [name]Ollie[/name]; my problem here is that you listed it as though you are considering [name]Archie[/name] as the full name. I think that would be a mistake - it’s way too playful a name to stand up as the full first name, however charming a nn it may make. And next to the dignified [name]Oliver[/name], it feels as though [name]Archie[/name] really did get slighted out of a name. Now, [name]Archibald[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] (nn [name]Archie[/name] and [name]Ollie[/name]) make a fantastic sibset! Of course, if you don’t like [name]Archibald[/name], I think you need to go back to the drawing board. As for [name]Archer[/name] - see [name]Parker[/name].

Your girls’ names are all lovely enough, but I would eliminate [name]Ivy[/name] off the top. I think it could be a bit tongue-twistery with [name]Oliver[/name] (try to say it fast and you end up saying Olivy and [name]Iver[/name]). I also happen to think it’s the least charming of your choices - a bit short and insubstantial, and sounds more modern somehow than your other names. While you probably couldn’t go wrong with any of the other three, if it were me, I would absolutely pick [name]Ruby[/name]! I think it’s elegant while still being spunky, a really fun and happy name, with a vintage appeal, and it sounds fantastic with [name]Oliver[/name]!

Thanks so much for all your replys.

I do understand that [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Oscar[/name] are very close and thats why we have picked other names but hadn’t been willing to let it go. lol.

[name]Archer[/name] is my cousins little boys name (he only goes by [name]Archer[/name] not [name]Archie[/name] and we dont see them often but maybe once or twice a year) and ususally i stay well away from names that are in our family (which is really large) but i do love [name]Archie[/name]. I agree that [name]Archer[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] sound better as brother but don’t want to give our kids the exact same name.

I also understand that [name]Parker[/name] is different to [name]Oliver[/name] but its a favourite of my husbands and happens to be my husbands grandfathers middle name. [name]Parker[/name] isn’t overly popular in Aus or not that i have heard anyway.

Lets hope the baby is a girl, i too love all the girl names and we don’t have any friends or family with those names.

Maybe you could suggest a couple more boys names that have the same feel as [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Archer[/name].

Thanks Again.

A good friend of mine has children named [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name]! I’ve always thought it made a great sibset. [name]Ruby[/name] is definitely my choice for a girl.

You seem to like the -er ending for boys names. Some other ideas:

[name]Walker[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Walter[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Fletcher[/name]
[name]Tucker[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name]
[name]Miller[/name]
[name]Kiefer[/name]
[name]Rider[/name]
[name]Thatcher[/name]

I love [name]Oscar[/name] but think it is too close to [name]Oliver[/name].
So my vote goes to [name]Parker[/name].
For girls, all your names are lovely. you cant go wrong. my first pick is [name]Ivy[/name]. Second choice [name]Matilda[/name].Third [name]Ruby[/name].

[name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Parker[/name] or/ [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] would be so cute!

[name]Archie[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]

I vote for [name]Parker[/name] since it has a special meaning for you. I like all of your girls names, but the V in [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] looks like you might be locking yourself into a pattern. [name]Just[/name] something to think about.