Baby registry?

[name_m]Little[/name_m] girl is due end of [name_f]April[/name_f] and I’m working on putting together a baby registry since a few coworkers and family members have asked.

What did you put on your registries? What are really must haves? Is anything obviously missing from my list? https://www.amazon.com/baby-reg/lauren-little-shane-little-april-2021-virginia/NDIRQATOK6YI

I only put a few outfits and toys on because I figure people will want to select their own things. I haven’t put diapers or wipes on because it seems weird to me to ask for certain brands, etc.

All input welcome!

Congrats! [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t rely too much on your registry because people will buy what they want to anyhow in my experience. I returned quite a bit of things I received for things I actually needed or the brand/type I wanted. [name_u]Or[/name_u] simply because I got multiples of the same thing. I don’t think putting diapers or wipes is strange. Get specific! We are pretty minimal when it comes to baby/kid stuff. You don’t need as much as you’d think. I’d add some postpartum things for yourself as well. People love to buy cutest, tiny infant outfits. You’ll get a ton of those. You’ll use them for about a month or not at all. What you really need is all the practical things and gift cards for the things you didn’t realize you needed until baby arrived. I’ve heard the recent trend of people gifting food delivery service gift cards, I think that’s genius for postpartum and with everything that’s going on now. We set up a meal train (people bringing home cooked meals to you) for my first baby, but that may not be possible now with covid depending on where you are.

Congratulations! You’re registry looks pretty good.

I personally would highly recommend a swing, we didn’t get one till our 1st was 2 months, and it really was a lifesaver for those times when baby just needs to be rocked and you need to get dinner or go to the bathroom.

Diapers! Are definitely essential and the biggest help, it can get expensive and you don’t know how long a baby will be in a certain size especially at the beginning, so it’s nice to have a few different sizes before baby shows up.

Boon bottles. Even if you plan on breastfeeding it’s nice to have a bottle available if someone else wants to feed baby, or if you get sick and need to take some medication, etc. you never know. For us we tried to find a bottle that ‘mimicked’ breastfeeding and we found boon bottles worked the best for us, however there’s a few different brands that people swear by.

And also recommend putting a few different types of pacifiers, so you can try them out and see which one works for your baby.

*Edited to add I’d also highly recommend the woombie swaddle or something like it has no Velcro that will wake baby up in the night, and if your baby is a mover won’t come untucked like a swaddle blanket.

**also this might sound weird, but adult diapers for postpartum made my life so much easier, no stained clothing

@JadeLinnell Thank you!

We found with our wedding registry too --people buy what they want anyway lol. Which is of course kind to be thought of but returning things can be a pain – especially with COVID! But my mom and aunt have asked about specific baby gear so hopefully at least a couple people will look at it.

Are there specific postpartum things you reccomend? None of my close friends have had babies yet, so I don’t have anyone in real life to ask with any recent experience.

We’ll definitely try to start filling our freezer with easy to reheat meals, and we have local family that will do porch drop offs for us if COVID is still bad by then. I’m hoping things are better, but it may still be too soon for that. Unfortunately we’re too rural for restraunt delivery, but that’s an awesome idea for people that have the option!

@LibelluleClaire Thank you! Those are great suggestions as well!

I find the whole bouncer vs swing thing so confusing! And the swings are so much more expensive. But I’ll look into swings some more!