Baby sister for Olivia - need name help!

We are due with our second baby girl at the end of [name_u]December[/name_u] and having the hardest time picking out a name. We like the names [name_f]Elinor[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_f]Elora[/name_f] but not quite set on any of them (they all just so happen to start with an E— there is no significance to this haha).

Our first daughter’s name is [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_u]Rayne[/name_u] and we have a pretty lengthy last name that starts with a “B.” We’re trying to find a sweet, classic name that is not overly used with an outdoorsy middle name. I love the middle name “Ridge,” but open to just about anything at this point.

Please let me know what you think of the names above (honest opinions please) and if you have any other name suggestions. Throw anything at me I am open to all suggestions and opinions! :slight_smile:

I think [name_m]Ridge[/name_m] is an interesting middle name and my only concern with it would be that her name would sound like a geographical landmark. Not the worst association, but wanted to point it out. Of the other three names you’re liking, I like [name_f]Elora[/name_f]! [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Emma[/name_f] are both nice, but pretty common and you said you didn’t want anything overly used.

1 Like

[name_f]Emma[/name_f] is a great name, but I think it’s a bit expected as a sister name for [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] and [name_f]Elora[/name_f] are nice alternatives. Would you consider [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]?

I’d also suggest these for you, based on your apparent style:
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] or [name_f]Annika[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_u]Alma[/name_u]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]

1 Like

before i read this i was thinking about the sisterset olivia & adele, maybe you’d like that!

ridge is really cool, and i love it with olivia’s middle name.

1 Like

[name_f]Elinor[/name_f] and [name_f]Elora[/name_f] are beautiful!!

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and…

[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]

1 Like

I think [name_f]Emma[/name_f] fits really nicely with [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]! They feel similar styles and vibes. Great pairing!

Other options…
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Brianna[/name_f]
[name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_u]Hazel[/name_u]
[name_f]Kara[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]

1 Like

I adore Elinor! That sounds gorgeous with Olivia, and it’s just a beautiful name on its own… :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you all for such great advice and name suggestions!

1 Like

[name_f]Elinor[/name_f] is my favorite–Olivia and [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] are fabulous together! [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] [name_m]Ridge[/name_m] is pretty cool, although I like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_m]Ridge[/name_m] better visually? It’s probably my own idiosyncrasies, lol, but I think [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] with [name_m]Ridge[/name_m] just looks a bit “I” heavy.

Other pretty names with [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]:

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_u]Camille[/name_u]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and Julia/Juliet
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Natalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Giselle[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Sybil[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Odette[/name_f]

Good luck!

1 Like

I know sisters [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Elle[/name_f] so from your short list I would pick [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] [name_m]Ridge[/name_m] !

1 Like

I adore Elinor and especially this spelling. Even though I’m not a huge fan of Ridge it works with Elinor in terms of flow. Some other outdoorsy/nature middles that suit Elinor are:

Elinor Wilde/r
Elinor Fern
Elinor River
Elinor Marigold
Elinor Marlowe (means ‘driftwood’)
Elinor Ocean
Elinor Clementine
Elinor Daisy
Elinor Flora
Elinor Prairie
Elinor Ash
Elinor Winter
Elinor Blossom
Elinor Lark
Elinor Olive
Elinor Marigold
Elinor Forest
Elinor Luna
Elinor Maple
Elinor Clover
Elinor Sequoia
Elinor Lavender
Elinor Swan
Elinor Bloom
Elinor Meadow
Elinor Sunny
Elinor Tempest
Elinor Wren
Elinor Snow
Elinor Hazel

1 Like

[name_m]Ridge[/name_m] is pretty cool mn! I personally would avoid [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] bc it does look a bit R heavy, and [name_f]Emma[/name_f] is a bit too popular and expected. I think [name_f]Elora[/name_f] [name_m]Ridge[/name_m] would be my choice.

Other suggestions:
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellery[/name_u]
[name_u]Emery[/name_u]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Ebony[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Maple[/name_f]
[name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Millie[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_u]Hazel[/name_u]
[name_f]Hayley[/name_f]
[name_f]Hattie[/name_f]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_u]Maven[/name_u]
[name_f]Marnie[/name_f]
[name_u]Marley[/name_u]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Odette[/name_f]
[name_u]Sandy[/name_u]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_u]Darby[/name_u]
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Joelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_u]Indy[/name_u]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoey[/name_f]

1 Like

I absolutely love Elinor,it’s so underrated and goes so well with [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]!
I really like [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_f]Elora[/name_f] , but I personally think that [name_f]Elora[/name_f] is too unique and [name_f]Emma[/name_f] is too expected to go with [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_u]Rayne[/name_u] is pretty. I find [name_m]Ridge[/name_m] a bit masculine, but it could be cool in the mn spot w/a fancy feminine fn like [name_f]Olivia[/name_f].

Here are my thoughts on what you’ve got so far:

Elinor-I love it, but really do prefer [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. It just feels like that’s the more known spelling, & looks classier to me. I feel like it’s a bit more of a bold feminine name whereas [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is more of a romantic feminine name, but it doesn’t not go.

Emma-Nice name. It’s pleasant & vintage & grows up well. It’s obviously way popular, but maybe that doesn’t bother you. I don’t think that it really sparkles that much, but again, it’s totally fine.

Elora-This is definitely my favorite. I may like [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] (or Eleanor) slightly more in general, but [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] & [name_f]Elora[/name_f] are so lovely for sisters. Plus, it’s the most refreshing of the bunch.

A few more ideas that I’d pair w/big sis [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] are…

[name_f]Clara[/name_f]

[name_f]Flora[/name_f]

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]

[name_f]Marina[/name_f]

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]

[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_u]Rayne[/name_u] & [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_m]Ridge[/name_m] would make a stunning sibset

1 Like

[name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_u]Rayne[/name_u]

1 Like

All three are pretty, but if your looking for an uncommon name, then I’d go with [name_f]Elora[/name_f].

Other suggestions: (not sure if they’re popular where you’re from.)
[name_f]Leonora[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_u]Hazel[/name_u]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Liana[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Cara[/name_f]
[name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Leona[/name_f]

1 Like

Thank you! Your insight is very helpful! [name_f]Elora[/name_f] is definitely my favorite because it’s a little more refreshing and [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] is my hubby’s favorite so hopefully we can find something that meets in the middle lol

I would pick [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Julia[/name_f]! They sound good together but [name_f]Julia[/name_f] is not in the top 100 right now and I think it would be a nice contrast to the popular [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] (which I think is a lovely name by the way ) :slight_smile:

Seeing as you said you liked Elora best and your hubby liked Elinor, could you go with the crossover of Elinora?

Other suggestions:
Evelyn
Lucia
Felicity
Emmeline
Juliet
Clara
Esme
Fern
Prairie
Winter
Beatrix