Baby sister names for Ada

Daughter 1 called [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Finola[/name_f], and her sister is now on the way!

and I also think these are interesting names…can anyone think of any nice preferable combos? I like sharp, unique names with a bit of a feminine touch.
This girl came as a surprise and i think she’s strong…

I’ve been leaning towards [name_f]Ursula[/name_f], or [name_u]Axelle[/name_u], perhaps [name_f]Iris[/name_f], but I love short sharp names too, perhaps as a middle name?

AGNES
URSULA
AMELIE
LOU
KAIA
ILYZA
IRIS
LUELLA
IGGY
EDEN
MIRA
WYNNE
ILIZA
JULES
LIV
UNA
UMA
URSULA
AXELLE
VIVIAN
CAIA
GAIA
MALENA

2 Likes

From your list, [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] immediately jumped out at me! [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] seems like sweet and sassy sisters! That would be my first pick and then [name_f]Ursula[/name_f], despite the sea witch, I’ve always liked it!
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f] [name_u]Axelle[/name_u] or [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_u]Or[/name_u]
[name_f]Ursula[/name_f] [name_u]Wynne[/name_u]

Congratulations!

3 Likes

[name_f]Ursula[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] (or [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] Ursula)
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Louella[/name_f] [name_u]Wynne[/name_u]
[name_f]Kaia[/name_f] [name_u]Jules[/name_u]

1 Like

Thank you! I do like the 2 x A’s [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and A…
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f] [name_u]Axelle[/name_u] could work as [name_u]Axelle[/name_u] is a bit more of a punchy name which could work well as a second name! I had been trying it the other way around
I like the meaning of [name_f]Ursula[/name_f] but the sea witch worries me a little bit…should it?..:slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u] has a good ring to it actually! Thanks!

I think being a child of the 80s, that can be the first assumption. I have linked to this several times on this forum about Ursula and this totally changed my perception of it! See if it helps? Plus I love the meaning, little female bear :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I love Ada’s name!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites from your list are:

[name_f]Agnes[/name_f] :two_hearts:
[name_u]Lou[/name_u]
[name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_f]Mira[/name_f]
[name_u]Jules[/name_u]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Malena[/name_f]

1 Like

With [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Finola[/name_f] (which is lovely!), I’d go for:

[name_f]Una[/name_f]
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Kaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_f]Mira[/name_f]

Making combos: [name_f]Una[/name_f] [name_u]Axelle[/name_u], [name_f]Gaia[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] [name_f]Malena[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u] and [name_f]Mira[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f]

1 Like

I love the name [name_f]Ada[/name_f]! From your list, I love the name [name_f]Liv[/name_f], which is my daughter’s name (Liv M.@rlowe), [name_f]Iris[/name_f] & [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]. I appreciate [name_f]Kaia[/name_f], [name_f]Uma[/name_f] & [name_f]Luella[/name_f]

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_f]Kaia[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Uma[/name_f] [name_f]Agnes[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_u]Axelle[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] + [name_u]Axelle[/name_u] make a surprisingly likeable sibling set! It’s funny that I do not like the male [name_u]Axel[/name_u] but this new female [name_u]Axelle[/name_u] I actually find endearing. she could have the option of going by [name_u]Alex[/name_u], [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], or Xelle (creative and weird but cute - I say this as ex-EL)

of your middle list I truly like [name_u]Axelle[/name_u] [name_f]Malena[/name_f] the best. Its not often I see [name_f]Malena[/name_f] on nameberry or out in real life so I always throw my vote in for her when the option is offered

1 Like

Of the three names you have been leaning toward, I like [name_f]Iris[/name_f] best!

I wonder if you might also like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f].

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Arista[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Malena[/name_f] (from your list) would be lovely too!

1 Like

I love the name [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] but a friend of mine called her girl [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]! It would have been on my list otherwise too :slight_smile:

[name_u]Axelle[/name_u] was the first name I came up with. [name_m]Can[/name_m] also be Axella but I think that’s a company name which is a bit weird.
Seems quite a strong and sassy name to me

1 Like

I also am fond of the name malena! [name_f]Lena[/name_f], [name_u]Lenny[/name_u] make good nicknames too

1 Like

Ooooh nice combos here…

1 Like

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f]
or
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] and [name_f]Ursula[/name_f]

1 Like

I’m championing [name_f]Iris[/name_f] :rainbow:

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] is beautiful absolutely charming with this cool vintage flair. She has lovely associations with the plant and rainbows genuinely stunning. I think she sounds perfect with [name_f]Ada[/name_f]. Such a beautiful sibling set. Maybe [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f]?

Congratulations & Good luck

1 Like

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] or [name_f]Liv[/name_f]! Both of these are just perfect with [name_f]Ada[/name_f]. [name_f]Uma[/name_f] would also be fantastic. [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_u]Axelle[/name_u], [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Ursula[/name_f] or [name_f]Uma[/name_f] [name_u]Wynne[/name_u] would be my picks in terms of style cohesion with your daughter’s name (and just names I’m personally a fan of too).

I also adore [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] (my daughter’s name) and [name_f]Luella[/name_f], and I’m a fan of Kaia/Caia, [name_u]Iggy[/name_u] and [name_u]Lou[/name_u]. To be honest, I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the names I’ve listed, it just depends on the vibe you’re going for I suppose.

For example, [name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_f]Iris[/name_f] make an elegant, vintage set while [name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_u]Iggy[/name_u] make a funky, more offbeat pair. And then [name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_f]Liv[/name_f] feel very chic and international and punchy in their matching brevity.

Not sure if you wanted suggestion but here are some other ideas:

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_u]Rue[/name_u]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_f]Anouk[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_f]Saskia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_u]Alba[/name_u]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_f]Tilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_f]Oona[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_u]Scout[/name_u]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_f]Zella[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_u]Noa[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] and [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] is so dreamy! I also love [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and Mira–I think [name_f]Mira[/name_f] is such a pretty and wearable name, and I know this badass tech-world titan named [name_f]Mira[/name_f], so I think of it as a strong name.

I love [name_f]Gaia[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], and [name_f]Ursula[/name_f] too. (Witches are kind of a cool association, anyway!)

[name_u]Axelle[/name_u] feels stylistically different from [name_f]Ada[/name_f] to me, so I’d prefer it in the middle spot.

[name_f]Ursula[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] (love this)
[name_f]Ursula[/name_f] [name_f]Liv[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_u]Axelle[/name_u]
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f] [name_f]Agnes[/name_f]
[name_f]Mira[/name_f] [name_u]Axelle[/name_u]
[name_f]Mira[/name_f] [name_f]Malena[/name_f]
[name_f]Mira[/name_f] [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f] [name_u]Axelle[/name_u]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ursula[/name_f]

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_u]Iggy[/name_u] is super cute! Though maybe [name_f]Sigrid[/name_f] nn [name_u]Iggy[/name_u]? [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Iggy[/name_u] on its own too.

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] & [name_u]Lou[/name_u] is great too!