Baby sister's name

Hello Nameberries!

Short story straight, naming our rainbow daughter has been incredibly hard. Nothing seems to stick with us. We are picky in general, so we always find something wrong with each name, haha. Anyway, we mainly want it to flow well with big brother [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]. The top two names we’ve been discussing a lot these past few weeks are [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_u]Everly[/name_u]. Both I know are popular or trendy.

I do have one [name_f]Emma[/name_f] on my side of the family, but we never speak with that side, nor see them. Therefore, I don’t think that bothers me very much. Surprisingly, being a teacher, I’ve met very few [name_f]Emma[/name_f]'s as well. I know it’s extremely popular, but personally have not met many. I can think of the same amount of [name_f]Emma[/name_f]'s, as I could for [name_u]Everly[/name_u]'s at the top of my head. So both are the same to me!

So, out of [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_u]Everly[/name_u], which is your pick!
Her middle name is [name_u]June[/name_u].

[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u]

I think [name_u]Everly[/name_u] sounds better with mn. [name_u]June[/name_u], but that aside, I prefer [name_f]Emma[/name_f]. Both are lovely names though.

I prefer [name_u]Everly[/name_u]. It’s a fun name.
Though you haven’t met many Emmas yet I know sooo many the name just doesn’t feel special to me anymore. My reaction to an [name_f]Emma[/name_f] would be “oh, okay, another [name_f]Emma[/name_f]” which is a shame because I used to love the name when I was younger! [name_u]Everly[/name_u] stands out more.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] that both [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] and [name_u]Everly[/name_u] contain y. They also both give off a more rustic vibe to me, so I pick [name_u]Everly[/name_u].

I prefer [name_u]Everly[/name_u]! [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u] sounds bubbly and sweet

I vote [name_f]Emma[/name_f]. It’s popular but classic to me. [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] is very cute and sounds good with [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m].

Definitely the beautiful [name_f]Emma[/name_f]. [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] is lovely. While both are popular [name_u]Everly[/name_u] is trendy in the sense that it will seem dated in 10 years time, whereas [name_f]Emma[/name_f] being a classic is more timeless.

[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] melts my heart, but I am biased as I have a niece named [name_f]Emma[/name_f]. I am a teacher and I also don’t know that many Emmas. That said, I have never met an [name_u]Everly[/name_u] and I do think the sound is pretty.

I choose [name_u]Everly[/name_u]. It is beautiful paired with [name_u]June[/name_u]. :slight_smile:

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and I think there is great flow with [name_u]Everly[/name_u] [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]. So team [name_u]Everly[/name_u] here.

I prefer [name_f]Emma[/name_f] as although it’s rather common, it’s not trendy common (like I feel [name_u]Everly[/name_u] is), but rather quite timeless. The middle name of [name_u]June[/name_u], further adds to that classic, vintage feel.

I once worked with siblings [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] & [name_f]Emma[/name_f] - I think they work together beautifully.

The traditional side in me says [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u], hands down.

Then the side that doesn’t like popular names butts in and says, um, there are four Emmas out of 20 kids at my daughter’s toddler gym class (plus one mom named [name_f]Emma[/name_f]), so maybe the Emmas just haven’t reached your classroom yet, so go with [name_u]Everly[/name_u].

But my traditional side steps up again; I have also met at least two Everlys (plus one [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f]) and I don’t know THAT many kids yet. I’m in the mid-Atlantic US, by the way.

[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] wins for me, but I think either one is pretty. Also, I love initials-as-nicknames and I think EJ is adorable (plus could easily set [name_f]Emma[/name_f] apart from other Emmas).

Definitely [name_f]Emma[/name_f] for me! I like the double m with the double t

Would you ever consider [name_f]Emmy[/name_f]? [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] is sweet and just a little different than [name_f]Emma[/name_f] even though I think it’s sweet as [name_f]Emma[/name_f] too!

Probably not as her legal name, but definitely a name we would call her a lot in general! I think [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] is so sweet sounding! But will probably keep [name_f]Emma[/name_f] as her legal name for her adult life, but be called [name_f]Emmy[/name_f]! That’s such a great idea!

Oh my goodness, I didn’t even think of that! I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] that idea!

My sentiments exactly - both may be popular, but [name_u]Everly[/name_u] (or [name_f]Everleigh[/name_f], [name_m]Everley[/name_m], Everlee, ad nauseum) doesn’t have the same timeless, enduring strength and charm as [name_f]Emma[/name_f]. I definitely see [name_u]Everly[/name_u] as a trendy choice that will age poorly a generation from now.