Baby Snack Cracker!

Hello all! I’m due with our first in [name]January[/name] and we’re not finding out the gender. We had a boy’s name all picked out for the longest time and a whole list of girl’s names but now we have the opposite problem. We’re 98% sure we’re going to go with [name]Matilda[/name] ([name]Lenore[/name] or [name]Wren[/name] as middle name) for a girl. We were going to go with [name]Tristan[/name] for a boy - we totally loved the name - but when we started putting feelers out quite a few people said, you mean like the cracker (Triscuit.) :frowning: We also like [name]Emmett[/name] but I don’t think either of us are in love with us as a first name really. We’re both huge readers and would love some sort of literary reference.

Names we like:
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]August[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Soren[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Remus[/name]
[name]Gareth[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Corbin[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]

We can find a middle name no problem, it’s just the first name that’s stumped us. Also, my hubby’s biological dad died when he was a toddler and his mom is really pressuring us to name the baby after him if it’s a boy. The problem is the name is [name]Randall[/name] and we can’t really use [name]Randy[/name]/[name]Rand[/name] as that’s been taken by about three of his cousins. Neither of us are really interested in that name but if anyone has any great ideas we’re willing to hear them.

Personally, I would not worry too much about the Triscuit comments. [name]Tristan[/name] and Triscuit have totally different endings and I would never confuse [name]Tristan[/name] for Triscuit. If that is the name you and your SO love, than I don’t think a rude comment should dissuade you. [name]Just[/name] remind folks of the background of the name [name]Tristan[/name], and I’m sure they’ll be embarrassed they thought of the cracker instead!

That being said, you have a lot of great names listed in your post. I particularly like [name]Emmett[/name], [name]August[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Silas[/name], and [name]Edward[/name].

If you want to honor a [name]Randall[/name] without using the name, another ‘R’ name might work (or, his initials). [name]How[/name] about:
[name]Reginald[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Reid[/name]

I like [name]Tristan[/name] and never ever thought of Triscuit. Next time someone says that you can say that you’re planning on having another son and naming him [name]Graham[/name] :lol: