Baby Zella is here!

Hey Berries! So many of you helped me along this journey, so I wanted to post an update.

For those that don’t know, we were adopting a baby girl and wanted to find the perfect name for her. We wanted it to be pretty, spunky, and most importantly, that it would honor her first mother.

With your help, we, along with her first parents, chose [name_f]Zella[/name_f].

We could never settle on a middle name though. Nothing felt quite right.

And once we got to the hospital, I figured out why. We finally got to meet her first dad in person. And he gave her the middle name “[name_f]Belle[/name_f]”, which is a family name for him.

So now this sweet girl has the perfect name: [name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]. Two names that honor both of her first parents.

Now, in the Nameberry world of perfect names, is this perfect? Maybe not. The “ell” sound is repeated. They are stylistically different. I know. And with how much I love names, I stressed so much about finding that “wow factor” name.

But [name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is perfect. It’s perfect for her. It’s perfect for us. And it gave us the opportunity to start this new relationship with her other parents from a place of fundamental respect and love. Which matters more than anything else possibly could.

Thank you to everyone who helped and encouraged us through this process. It was so helpful, and you did it with so much kindness.

45 Likes

Congratulations her name is perfect ! [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to parenthood !

1 Like

So cute! I love that you are using honour names in a fresh, spunky way.

It’s unique, unexpected, and absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Congratulations on your new baby girl!

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is wonderfully sweet and spunky, and has so much meaning- it is perfect!

1 Like

This is beautiful :heart_eyes: The name is gorgeous, and the story behind it is wonderful. Congratulations to you all!

I think I’ve got something in my eye… :cry:

3 Likes

Welcome baby [name_f]Zella[/name_f] :heart: Wishing you the very best with your new addition!! beautiful name :))

1 Like

Aww! Yay! Congratulations! [name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is adorable and I love the connection to her birth family! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Wow, congratulations! That’s amazing! [name_f]Zella[/name_f] is so cool!

1 Like

Zella [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is so lovely, spunky, and sweet! :heart:

1 Like

So sweet! Congratulations!!! :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Congrats! [name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is a beautiful name!

1 Like

So many congratulations to your family :yellow_heart::tada: [name_f]Zella[/name_f] is insanely gorgeous and I’m sooo happy to see her getting some use!!

2 Likes

Beautiful! Congratulations!

2 Likes

How sweet! I love it. Congratulations! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a wonderful name! I bet it fits her perfectly! Congrats!!!:tada::tada:

1 Like

I love rhyming names :sob::heart: I love the name it’s beautiful and darling, congratulations

1 Like

Oh, congratulations! You’re right, it’s the perfect name. So happy for your family.

1 Like

Aw congratulations!! What a beautiful name and beautiful name story. Wishing you endless joy with you’re [name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]!!

1 Like

For me, the most important part of a name is it’s story, the sound and style is still important, but secondary. It’s an absolutely perfect name and allows your daughter to have a connection to all of her parents. I’d love to hear the story behind [name_f]Zella[/name_f], I get that it honors her birth mother, but how? Such a fun and spunky choice!

1 Like

Great question! Her mother’s name is a short name with an “ell” in it. So we looked at lots of different similar-but-different “ell” names, and the one we all liked best was [name_f]Zella[/name_f] :slight_smile: