Baby's here, no name.. Please help!!!!

My sweet daughter was born yesterday and we are still in the hospital undecided on names! I thought once I saw her it would be clear but I’ve been feeling so exhausted and cloudy in the head I can’t make a decision and all the pressure from everyone to decide is making it worse.

I had it narrowed down to [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] (other possibilities were [name]Beatrice[/name] and hazel) and I also loved the nn [name]Pippa[/name] (for philippa). I was pretty much set on [name]Clara[/name] although there was just a little something I felt unsure of. The thing about philippa ([name]Pippa[/name]) is the name has the most meaning to my husband and I, the meaning coming from the book of Phillipians in the bible. So this sort of seals the deal on this name for him, he loves names that have meaning and doesn’t see the point of some arbitrary name that just sounds nice. I sort of agree… But can love a name just for a names sake as well. Anyway I think the nn [name]Pippa[/name] is adorable, I like how [name]Philippa[/name] has meaning although I’m not sure I’m totally craazy in love with the full name. (sometimes it makes me think of a middle aged phyllis). AND my biggest concern is the comments I’m bound to get, “oh like [name]Pippa[/name] Middleton”. No that’s not why I would choose this name.

I don’t know what to do!! I feel like we brought [name]Pippa[/name] back into the running so late, I don’t want to regret my decision!!! Any input is soooo appreciated!!! Thanks so much!!!

Oh and big sister is [name]Evangeline[/name] ([name]Evie[/name])

Congrats on your little girl!
Personally, I think [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] make the sweetest sibset. [name]Fiona[/name] is nice too but it doesn’t go as well with [name]Evangeline[/name]. I love [name]Philippa[/name] as well but if you are not totally in love with her full name don’t use it. [name]Philippa[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name] make a cute sibset but when I hear them together I definitely think of two little English girls.
Sometimes a name grows on you and sometimes it doesn’t. If you both love [name]Clara[/name] go with [name]Clara[/name], same with [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Pippa[/name]. However if you are totally torn or ambivilent maybe you should go with what has meaning to you both. You’d probably call her [name]Pippa[/name] most of the time anyways and the name is more likely to grow on you because it has meaning. Plus the [name]Pippa[/name] Middleton isnt a totally bad association. [name]Just[/name] go with what you both love the most.

[name]Evie[/name] and [name]Pippa[/name] sound adorable together:) You should go with your heart though so if it’s telling you [name]Clara[/name], do it. You could always stick [name]Phillipa[/name] in the second slot and still call her [name]Pippa[/name]?!

Try using the name [name]Philippa[/name] for a day or two and see if you can get a feel for it. Then try [name]Clara[/name], [name]Fiona[/name] etc. It might help you figure out which seems the be the right name for your little one. I personally prefer [name]Clara[/name].

I think [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Phillipa[/name] sound great together!-[name]Evie[/name] and [name]Pippa[/name] is just the cutest sibset. [name]Don[/name]'t really care for [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Pippa[/name] on its own doesn’t go with [name]Evangeline[/name].

I really love the meaning you are associating with the name.
I think that has been my problem with finding a name is they don’t seem to mean that much. So I think that will make you the most happy.
I wondered about doing the same thing with Corinthia for Corinthians, but my husband thinks it sounds too made up.
Good luck!

I think [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] sound really great together.

[name]Do[/name] you have a middle name all picked out? [name]Clara[/name] [name]Phillipa[/name] gets you the meaning without the Middleton questions (which I dont think are a deal breaker, but P.M. would be the strongest association for most people).

Thanks for the feedback! Middle name will be [name]Margaret[/name] for my grandmother that passed away last year.

It sounds like [name]Philippa[/name] is the name you like best! [name]Don[/name]'t be concerned with what others think is the reason you chose her name; let them think what they want! You and your hubby know why you chose it, and your daughter will too, because the name has special meaning to you.

[name]Pippa[/name] and [name]Evie[/name] sound great together! (And, for what it’s worth, I don’t think [name]Philippa[/name] sounds anything like [name]Phylis[/name]!)

Please post a birth announcement once you’ve decided! Good luck!

[name]Don[/name]'t worry about the pressure from others. I’d say above all else, just WAIT until you become more clear headed and more balanced. Try to put it out of your mind the best you can, even if it’s just for a day. [name]Set[/name] a time limit, for Not thinking about it and just enjoy her. The first couple of days after delivery can be So hard and can rock you emotionally more than you realize at the time. I understand that people want you to hurry and want to know, but tough luck for them, imo!..lol The worst thing would be to have name regret. After a little bit of time with her, while things settle down a bit and you get a [name]Tiny[/name] bit of sleep, you never know what will happen. You could have that moment when you just “know”.

Hmm, I think I actually like [name]Phillipa[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] better than [name]Clara[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]! Slightly more unexpected and [name]Evie[/name] and [name]Pippa[/name] are undeniably a cute pair.

I love [name]Philippa[/name] but do not care for [name]Pippa[/name] or [name]Pippa[/name] Middleton. [name]Clara[/name] is nice but it’s not as grand as [name]Evangeline[/name]. [name]Philippa[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] work

If you aren’t crazy about [name]Philippa[/name], then maybe find another way to [name]Pippa[/name]. It’s a whole lot of name but have you ever heard of Epiphania (ep-i-fawn-nia)- “the [name]Epiphany[/name]”? It would fit with [name]Evangeline[/name]- “the good news”, and would give you a more unique way to [name]Pippa[/name]

What about Philippians is special? Is there a certain verse or event you could pull a name from? Totally different book but I’ve always like [name]Philomena[/name]. Maybe you could get [name]Pippa[/name] from that?