Bad Initials - Strike this off our list?

See the results of this poll: Are the initials BS too awful to consider a ‘B’ name?

Respondents: 101 (This poll is closed)

• You cannot give your son the initials BS : 18 (18%)
  • Eh, you’re overthinking it, who cares?: 83 (82%)

[name_f]Brittany[/name_f] Spears
[name_m]Bruce[/name_m] Springsteen
[name_f]Barbara[/name_f] Streisand

No one cares about BS initials [name_m]IRL[/name_m]. [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. I know numerous people with BS and BJ initials.

@emsky

I NEVER considered those celebrities’ initials; very good point!

Thank you :slight_smile:

I used a B name and his middle name starts with S. So I obviously think it’s fine.

I wouldn’t worry about it.

My husband’s initials are BJS and he never got any comments about it. It’s initials, no one cares!

Also, BS is the PG acronym for the actual ‘bad’ word… so it doesn’t strike me as remotely offensive.

I’m considering something much worse… :confused:

I don’t think it’s a big deal at all! Keep those B names on the list! :slight_smile:

I know I’m the odd ball here - but personally I wouldn’t use it.

Initials are forever - I wouldn’t want to be BS or BJ so I wouldn’t use them for my kids - however, I know this doesn’t bother most people.

I have an S last name and was considering a B name. We are using B in the middle so ABS, no big deal!

Are you intending to give him a middle name? If so, that will break up the initials (e.g. to become BWS etc) and make them even less noticeable.

I think it’s okay. My friend has the initials BS and it doesn’t bother her or anyone else either.

He will have a Middle Name so he won’t have the initials BS really! [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_f]Summers[/name_f] is GORGEOUS! What Middle Name are you thinking of?

Thanks, MummaMarigold!

I posted this when we were just contemplating [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] but DH and I discussed it at length yesterday and [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] is the new top choice.

The middle name we thought of is [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]. It kind of flows into one another, but I think it works.

I think it’s fine my sister has the same initials as a disease and no one has ever noticed

This is all encouraging. Once Emsky pointed out [name_f]Barbara[/name_f] Streisand, I was over my worry :slight_smile:

YAY! :smiley: [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_f]Summers[/name_f] is VERY HANDSOME and works beautifully with [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f]! It’s classy, friendly, warm, overflowing with historical significance, and all around WONDERFUL! :smiley:

We think so, too! It feels like the other “[name_m]Henry[/name_m]” name we were looking for. I hesitate to say it’s the name for fear of jinxing it :slight_smile: (but I’m ready to stitch it on his stocking)

I sincerely appreciate your help!!

I think it’s fine. I feel that most people don’t notice or care about initials.

I’m a BS. Never had any problems with it :slight_smile: