Balthazar?

Hello berries🙂

At this moment I’ve been crushing on [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you guys think its usable or is it to villain like for your taste. What pops to mind when you here this name.

It’s a very loaded sounding name but I like it.

I really like [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]! Nicknames like [name_m]Baz[/name_m] make it more approachable. [name_f]My[/name_f] first association is the [name_f]Magi[/name_f] in [name_u]Christian[/name_u] tradition.

2 Likes

I think it’s usable! Great name :slightly_smiling_face:

I think it’s usable with a nickname. [name_m]Baz[/name_m] is super cute. Also Balt or Taz (kind of a stretch). [name_f]My[/name_f] first thought was [name_m]Romeo[/name_m]’s servant from [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] (I think he was [name_m]Romeo[/name_m]’s servant, I could be wrong, it’s been a while since I’ve read the play).

Ooh, i love the flair of [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]

Its usable. Very dramatic.

I love [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] so much! It’s so handsome and cool. I really love the nn [name_m]Baz[/name_m] too, which I think makes the name feel more down to earth.
[name_f]My[/name_f] first associations with the name are [name_m]Balthasar[/name_m] from [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] (specifically [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] [name_m]Bradford[/name_m]'s [name_m]Balthasar[/name_m]), [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] Bux from The Neverending [name_u]Story[/name_u] (where I first heard the name and fell in love), and [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] Bratt from Despicable Me (who is a villain, but the name doesn’t sound too villain like to me, especially because there are much nicer associations!).

I honestly love this name. I agree that having a nickname makes it a little more workable but even without I think it’s a very good name.

I love it. It is on my forever list. (I collect names as a hobby). I especially like it without the H. How are you pronouncing it. I like Bal ta Zar

I like it! Like @VEL I think of the [name_f]Magi[/name_f].

Like how you pronounce it

It’s my uncle’s last name… that’s all I have to say, lol.

I wasn’t sure about it at first, but I LOVE the suggestion of ‘[name_m]Baz[/name_m]’ as a nickname. SO cute!

I love [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] and [name_m]Baz[/name_m] is adorable! I would love to meet one!

It seems quite cartoony to me personally, mostly because of a villain in one of the despicable me movies. I would normally say that it’s a little too much, but I did know a kid called [name_m]Ebenezer[/name_m] not too long back, so I suppose it could work.

Honestly I love [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]! It’s such a long and goth, edgy name but still I need some way kinda preppy. The nickname [name_m]Baz[/name_m] or Balty are also pretty cool.

There’s a few episodes of Supernatural with a character [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]. There are a ton of “out there” names on the show, but I’ve always found [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] to be one that the actors kinda struggled with… It didn’t flow easily because it’s such a mouthful.

I can only get behind this name if there’s a nickname that will be used by the general public.

I love [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]. A lot. I have used it as middle name for some of my combos, like [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u], [name_u]Nico[/name_u] [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_u]Nico[/name_u] [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m].

My first association is the magus [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m], one of the Three Wise Men from the Bible (although it’s nowhere writen that they were three but still…) Here in Spain, we don’t celebrate [name_f]Santa[/name_f] [name_m]Claus[/name_m] but The Three Wise Men, so this name is highly attached to this and it would be weird to name a baby [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]. Still, there are a few famous people with this name and I wish it were more common because I really like [name_m]Melchior[/name_m], [name_m]Caspar[/name_m]/Gaspard and [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] as first names (or Melchor, [name_m]Gaspar[/name_m] y [name_m]Baltasar[/name_m], in spanish)

So, my point is, I do think it is usable. Would it be uncommon? For sure. But people know this name exists, and there a few characters named [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m].

Furthermore, I think [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] has lots of nicknames posibilities, like [name_m]Baz[/name_m], Tzar/Zar, Az, B., Balt, [name_u]Raz[/name_u], [name_u]Aza[/name_u], [name_f]Azzie[/name_f], Althy…

1 Like