Basil...

Is [name]Basil[/name] horrible? I love the nickname [name]Baz[/name], [name]Bas[/name]…

[name]Baz[/name]-il, pronunciation, not bay-zil.

Mathijs w/ nn [name]Thijs[/name] (like Tyce) is our boy name to be… I really like [name]Thijs[/name] and [name]Baz[/name] for future brothers :slight_smile:

I think it’s time to bring [name]Basil[/name] back… not just an old name name, ha!

unfortunatley, all I think of is [name]Austin[/name] [name]Powers[/name]…

I know a young [name]Basil[/name], well he is a teenager now. The name of his sister is escaping me at this point, but it is semi-unusual as well. It is a fine name.

It sounds like a girls name to me, but that is probably because I can only seem to pronounce it [name]Bay[/name]-zil, and not Baa-zil.

I can sort of see the appeal, and I do like [name]Baz[/name] a lot, BUT it sounds really, really dweeby.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Balthazar[/name] nn [name]Baz[/name]?

If you go to the boy’s board, I just bumped an old thread of mine about the names [name]Basil[/name] and [name]Clive[/name]. I love both of those old names. I hope you are brave enough to use it. :slight_smile:

I know of a brilliant, handsome [name]Basil[/name], and I’d love to hear it on a little boy. I do (unfortunately) think that pronunciation may be an issue, though.

I think it’s a great name, but I thought I’d also suggest [name]Sebastian[/name] as a source of [name]Baz[/name].

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

It is a cool name, but unless you live in the U.K., your kid will spend his whole life correcting people on the pronunciation. The only association I have with this name is from [name]Basil[/name] of [name]Baker[/name] [name]Street[/name] the children’s book series by [name]Eve[/name] [name]Titus[/name] and the movie The Great Mouse Detective which is based on it. Not bad.

[name]Basil[/name] is AWESOME!
Im from australia and im pretty sure you would be fine with pronounciation here, not sure where you’re from though.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Basil[/name]! He climbed into my top 10 last week under the guise of [name]Basil[/name] [name]Cosmo[/name] [name]Gideon[/name]. :slight_smile:

Ooooh I’m trying to convince husband to do [name]Philip[/name] [name]Basil[/name] someday and call him [name]Baz[/name]…