Basil

Would you consider the name [name_u]Basil[/name_u] for a boy?

Would [name_u]Basil[/name_u] go with brother [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I like [name_u]Basil[/name_u]! I live in the U.S. & prefer the Bah-zuhl pronunciation. However, the herb is said like Bay-zuhl. So, it would just be headache. But I’d consider if it I lived in Europe! I think that it’s super handsome & interesting & has the spunky nn of Bash. And I think that it works quite nicely w/Isaac. [name_u]Strong[/name_u] & masculine & a little bit artsy.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like [name_u]Basil[/name_u] (said BAZ-Il, not BAYZ-il). It feels fresh and lovely but still familiar.

I am not sure it is an obvious choice with [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] but I’m not sure that really matters.

Plus [name_m]Baz[/name_m] has to be one of the coolest nicknames!

1 Like

I secretly love Basil!!

1 Like

I have an Uncle [name_u]Basil[/name_u]. It’s a nice name, and really fits him. He’s a quiet, well-read man.

1 Like

I quite like [name_u]Basil[/name_u]. It’s cute and literary

2 Likes

I really like [name_u]Basil[/name_u]! It’s underused, elegant and artistic with a nature connection. I think it goes well with [name_m]Isaac[/name_m].

1 Like

I live [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and [name_u]Basil[/name_u] together, and I do like the name [name_u]Basil[/name_u]. It’s nice and easy, familiar.

2 Likes

I really like [name_u]Basil[/name_u]! It’s so cute!

1 Like

I love [name_u]Basil[/name_u] as a boys name. Well Baz-il not Bayz-il.
I want to say [name_u]Basil[/name_u] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] go together but I can’t make it work. It just doesn’t fit together in my mind.

I love Basil for a boy! I like both pronunciations but I do think most people in the US will pronounce it like the herb so if you don’t want that pronunciation then you’ll have to correct everyone. Otherwise, it’s great!

It seems to clash with Isaac but I don’t care about my sibsets going well together so it doesn’t bother me

Opaline ~ Araminta ~ Arcadia ~ Anya ~ Valkyrie ~ Katia
Rylan ~ Ronan ~ Denali ~ Arwyn ~ Emerald ~ Balto

1 Like