Bathsheba?

any thoughts or opinions on bathsheba? i think it’s really pretty, and i love that it’s a way to get to the nickname beth but im very hot/cold on this one.

maura

edit: i also adore the literary connection to thomas hardy’s far from the madding crowd

Personally I think [name_f]Bathsheba[/name_f] is a very heavy name for someone to carry I wouldn’t want to be named [name_f]Bathsheba[/name_f]. I also do not find [name_f]Bathsheba[/name_f] attractive it’s just doesn’t roll of the tongue well. Not a favourite.

4 Likes

I think with the biblical association attached it’s a somewhat heavy name. Not bad but I’m not sure how usable. :thinking:

2 Likes

The association is very heavy, but I do think it’s a beautiful name! I love the [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_m]Hardy[/name_m] connection as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Bathsheba[/name_f] is very bold but [name_f]Beth[/name_f] makes it feel usable -or even Bee/Bea

2 Likes

It’s a lot for me. I wouldn’t personally use it. The biblical connection is definitely strong there. I like the above suggestion of [name_f]Bea[/name_f].

I actually know a [name_f]Bathsheba[/name_f], she wears it really well! While the biblical association is very strong and it’s a very grand names, I do think it’s a very very pretty name and it has a gorgeous imagery