Bay Girl Name Suggestions

I have 2 boys, [name_m]Knox[/name_m] [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] and [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] [name_m]Hosea[/name_m]. We are hoping for a girl and I’m brainstorming names. [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] would have been [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_u]Piper[/name_u], but we’re not sure about that name any more. We’ve thought about [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] and [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m]. We were also stuck on [name_m]Crosby[/name_m] [name_m]Josiah[/name_m] for a little while, but because [name_m]Crosby[/name_m] is unisex and [name_m]Josiah[/name_m] is majority boy it wasn’t pretty enough. Both boys have strong first names, and we want our girl to match. But that is another hint into what we like. We’d love to continue prophet/bible middle names, and we think [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m]/[name_m]Josiah[/name_m] are pretty and unique for a girl. Names we also like:

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosette[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f]

We like the [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names because it has ties to a Grandmother, but both [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] and the [name_f]Rose[/name_f] names are nickname heavy we are wary of them even though we love them. We want a strong, beautiful name, but don’t want the nickname to end up being primary.

Any ideas that fit our style and mesh well with our boys? Thanks!

[name_f]EDIT[/name_f]: I checked all my spelling except the title! oops! “[name_u]Baby[/name_u]” Girl Name Suggestions.

I don’t like [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] or [name_m]Josiah[/name_m] for a girl, even in the middle name spot - they’re only unique for a girl because they’re boys names. I think if you’re going to use a Prophet’s name you should use one of the female Prophets, they were really cool!

[name_f]Deborah[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Huldah[/name_f]
Noahdiah (maybe [name_f]Noa[/name_f] instead, she wasn’t a Prophetess name but it has the same ‘boys name on girls’ feel as [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] and [name_m]Josiah[/name_m], but is a legitimate female name)
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f] (not a Prophetess, but cool)
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f] (not a Prophetess, but cool)
[name_f]Keziah[/name_f] (not a Prophetess, but Biblical and has the same sort of ending as [name_m]Josiah[/name_m] and [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m])

I think [name_f]Cosette[/name_f] is the most nickname proof of your list, though I prefer [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] I do think she’d be [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] a lot. You could just name after Grandma and call her [name_f]Rose[/name_f]? Or [name_f]Rosa[/name_f]. Both feel pretty strong.

[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_f]Noa[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Noa[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f] [name_f]Deborah[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f] [name_f]Noa[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosette[/name_f] [name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosette[/name_f] [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Cosette[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]

Suggestions:
[name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f] [name_f]Noa[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] (put the sturdy yet feminine Biblical name first instead)
[name_f]Louise[/name_f] [name_f]Keziah[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Marin[/name_f] [name_f]Keziah[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Keziah[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Noa[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Keziah[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Keziah[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]

I, too, was going to suggest [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] and [name_f]Deborah[/name_f] from the Bible, as they are prophetesses, and the only two I know of.

But I also think [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] from the [name_m]New[/name_m] Testament was one, or became an influential follower. Then there’s [name_f]Esther[/name_f], who prayed and fasted for her people.

And [name_f]Anna[/name_f], from the [name_m]New[/name_m] Testament who proclaimed she could die in peace now that [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] was born.

If you really like [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] and [name_m]Josiah[/name_m], maybe going with a female name that’s similiar? Isebelle and [name_u]Josie[/name_u], for example.

I think [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] is a good fit, although I guess she could become [name_f]Cora[/name_f]. [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] is OK, but I like the idea of a strong female namesake rather than male. I like [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] [name_f]Judith[/name_f] or [name_f]Ruth[/name_f].

Other suggestions for relatively nickname-resistant firsts and biblical middles:

[name_f]Amara[/name_f] [name_f]Judith[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Sarai[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f] [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_m]Josiah[/name_m]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_u]Yael[/name_u]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Odette[/name_f] [name_f]Keziah[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Tamar[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f] [name_f]Deborah[/name_f]
[name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Judith[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]

I would caution you against [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] or [name_m]Josiah[/name_m] for a girl’s middle name. I have a masculine middle name (masculine, not unisex) - and I strongly disliked for a lot of years. It is a family name, so now I appreciate it. Still… although [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] and [name_m]Josiah[/name_m] are lovely names, I think there are a lot of great alternatives!

I would love to suggest [name_f]Adira[/name_f], which has a literal meaning of strong. Good luck :slight_smile:

While I’m not a fan of [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] or [name_m]Josiah[/name_m] for girls, they work lovely in the middle spot. I think [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] and [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] are my favorites. [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] and [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_m]Josiah[/name_m]. I’d personally call [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_m]Josiah[/name_m] [name_f]Gwennie[/name_f] [name_u]Jo[/name_u].

I love [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]! I like [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], too. Not wild about using traditional boy names as a middle, but that’s just my personal preference. I think [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] would be a lovely choice.