Beatrice: how popular will it get?

[name]Beatrice[/name] currently ranks 707 on the SS Index which isn’t too popular for me to consider but a friend of mine has met 3 [name]Beatrice[/name]'s under the age of 5! Granted these kids live in NYC which is generally ahead of the naming curve but I also see it on a lot of name boards which makes me wonder how high this name might climb.

WDYT? I could see it reaching the 300’s or so.

I am in [name]Brooklyn[/name] & I hear it a lot too! I feel like I live in a weird name spot where [name]Eleanor[/name] is more popular than [name]Isabella[/name]! [name]Beatrice[/name] is on the rise here though!

That’s where my friend lives, she knows two in [name]Brooklyn[/name] and one on the UES which makes me think if it’s all over NYC will it spread to other big cities? I’ve met a few Eleanors there too…it would be cool to do a blog on names popular in NYC!

[name]Beatrice[/name] is a classic name. It won’t ever be not heard a lot. I know two [name]Beatrice[/name]'s under 5 years old, but I also have two friends in their late 20s/early 30s named [name]Bea[/name] ([name]Beatrice[/name]) and my mother’s best friend is named [name]Beatrice[/name]. I also know a [name]Beatrix[/name].

I think [name]Beatrice[/name] is mostly popular throughout Nameberry. I’ve never met any other [name]Beatrice[/name]'s. I can see it reaching the 400’s or 300’s.

I know a 5 year old [name]Beatrice[/name] and an under a year named [name]Beatrix[/name]. So while I could see both climbing, I think that in many places neither will be too common.

[name]Beatrice[/name] is one of those older names on the fringe like [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Iris[/name] that people either love or feel they are “too old ladyish”. It doesn’t have the same appeal to the masses like the top 100 “old lady names” do.

I’m in [name]Fort[/name] [name]Green[/name] which is full of families and I think off-beat but vintage/classic is the major trend here. I always try to post after I go to moms groups!

I think it’s a name that gets a lot of air time on blogs, and will obviously be popular in certain circles. But in reality, I don’t think it will ‘take off’ so-to-speak. I just don’t see it happening.

Oh I love [name]Beatrice[/name] too. I also think it might rise to the 300s or so, but I don’t think that it is headed to the top of the charts. [name]Beatrice[/name] still have the old-lady vibe, but [name]Bea[/name] as a nn makes its rise more likely. The -ce ending (like [name]Alice[/name] -another fave) also makes it appealing.

BTW agent99, I love all your signature names. [name]Do[/name] you pronounce Athénaïs “[name]Ah[/name] - té - nah - is”?

I don’t really know anyone named [name]Beatrice[/name]. I’ve only read it in books, but I really like it.

I know a few [name]Beatriz[/name]… All teenagers. I love the name.

You’re pretty much right except the end is more like “EES”, I’m horrible with explaining phonetic prn but “a-té-na-ï-ss” is also a good explanation but I think that’s pretty much what you’re saying too. you can listen to it here Athénaïs and thanks :slight_smile:

I am in [name]Philly[/name], and I know of two other Beas, who I assume are [name]Beatrice[/name]. My daughter is [name]Beatrix[/name]/[name]Bea[/name], so that contributes to the [name]Bea[/name] population as well.

I refuse to accept that it will get popular at all or I will have to find more names to fall in love with!

Apologies for digging up an old post, but I have to say: [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is a top 100 name in [name_f]Canada[/name_f]! It’s within the top 20 in [name_m]Quebec[/name_m], and because [name_m]Quebec[/name_m] represents such a large portion of the Canadian population it makes it into the top 100 for the whole country. [name_m]Quebec[/name_m] is quite ahead in naming trends when compared to other Canadian provinces.

I still love [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]. We’re considering it as a middle name, if we have another daughter. (We’re in [name_m]New[/name_m] Brunswick, [name_f]Canada[/name_f]).