Beatrice?

I’m not pregnant but my boyfriend and I have talked about names and we quickly agreed that we are naming our future daughter [name]Beatrice[/name] (or [name]Beatriz[/name], spanish spelling). We both like it enough to name our daughter and its just right because its classic without being too dated and I like how she was [name]Dante[/name]'s muse and she was also [name]Beatrice[/name] Ruso from Il Postino, a movie we both like. [name]Ever[/name] since we agreed on it I have started liking the name even more!

However, I noticed that it is rising in popularity!

[name]How[/name] popular do you think it will become? I grew up having a really weird name so I want something classic for my daughter but I don’t want her to have a super trendy name.

[name]Do[/name] you think [name]Beatrice[/name] will become the next [name]Charlotte[/name] or the next [name]Emily[/name] in the next 5-10 years??

[name]How[/name] common do you think it will become?

[name]Beatrice[/name]/Beatiz/[name]Beatrix[/name] are rising, but it’s mostly due to the fact that vintage names for both genders are hot right now. I would say expected it to keep moving up, its only at like 860 right now, but don’t expect it to be the next [name]Emily[/name] or [name]Isabella[/name]. If any of the variations crack the top one hundred I would be really surprised.

It is true they are rising in popularity, but I (highly!) doubt that [name]Beatrice[/name]/[name]Beatriz[/name]/[name]Beatrix[/name] will be the next [name]Emily[/name] or [name]Charlotte[/name].
[name]Beatrice[/name] is a fabulous name (in fact, it is one of my favorites!) I think you have wonderful taste!

Smile!
[name]Isabel[/name]

P.S. if you don’t mind me asking, what was/is your wonderfully weird name (you don’t have to answer, if that doesn’t feel safe:)

I love this name. If you really love it doesn’t matter if it is popular - I mean in a way it is nice that your name reflects the era that you were born into.

To be honest, its not one of my favourite names, and no, I really dont like it.
But, here are some middle name choices:
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Abbey[/name]([name]Abigail[/name] sounds too old with [name]Beatrice[/name])
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Alexcia[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Calista[/name]
beatrice [name]Romona[/name]

[name]Hi[/name]! Thanks for your replies! I hope you guys are right and it doesn’t become super popular until my little [name]Beatriz[/name] is born in hopefully a couple of years! I know [name]Isabella[/name] rose super fast so I hope this isn’t the case.

My name is Yohanis (jo- ann- is). I am hispanic so it is pronounced in Spanish and I have disliked my name most of my life which is probably why I got into the name hobby :slight_smile:

As for middle names, i hadn’t really thought about it but I like [name]Isabel[/name] a lot so I might do [name]Beatriz[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] although that doesn’t really flow well. Or I will give her a middle name after someone which is a tradition I really like and that both my family and my boyfriend’s follow. For example, my middle name is [name]Leonor[/name] after my grandmother. So I could name her:

[name]Beatriz[/name] [name]Leonor[/name]
or
[name]Beatriz[/name] [name]Rosa[/name] (after a cousin who passed away)
I think the closest I would go to naming her after me would be [name]Beatriz[/name] [name]Johanna[/name] o [name]Beatriz[/name] [name]Joanna[/name] and I dont really love it.

Of the suggestions you gave I like [name]Beatriz[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] the most. I would consider [name]Beatriz[/name] [name]Alejandra[/name] instead of [name]Alexia[/name].

I guess its too early for the middle names! All I know is I want her to be [name]Beatrice[/name] and her nn will be [name]Bea[/name] :slight_smile:

First of all - I love the name [name]Beatrice[/name], and all of its variants, esp. [name]Beatriz[/name].

I would expect [name]Beatrice[/name] to rise in popularity, but definitely not to the extent that [name]Emily[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] have done! And I would be very shocked if [name]Beatriz[/name] rises by that much, so I think you’re safe :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t worry overly. I named my daughter this five years ago, and I’ve yet to meet another who isn’t an older woman, though I’ve heard rumored there’s a young [name]Beatrix[/name] the next town over. It actually got LESS popular from last year to this, if you look at the social security website (slipped from 830 to 860 or so)—so it’s definitely not beginning some meteoric climb at this point in time. If anything it inched up for a couple years, and is now seeming to stay put if not decline. Frankly, if a name isn’t in the top 200 it’s not one you’re going to come across in the population very often (if ever), and [name]Beatrice[/name] is well over 800. So I’d say it’s safe. Frankly I’m noticing that it seems mentioned a lot on this website, but I’m not sure this website reflects what the general population is actually naming their children at this point in time. It’s still one of those love it or hate it names, I find. Obviously I think it’s beautiful–literary, underused. I actually worried a bit when I chose it that some would think it ‘too old’—I do run into people who ask me, ‘was that a family name?’–polite way of wondering why I’d choose it otherwise! But most seem to think it’s beautiful and surprising. I think it might depend on where you live though. I live in a sort of academic-y area, where people probably appreciate the history and whatnot. I do seem to get some weird looks when I’m in a place where Kaylees predominate.

we are also considering [name]Beatrice/name for our child due end of [name]September[/name] if it is a girl
I’ve always loved it because it seemed unique, vintage and had some nice literary ties.

Oddly enough, I work with 3 Beatrices :shock:
Now, to be fair, none of them work with me in the same building - they are scattered about some of the multiple sites our company has. 2 of the Beatrices live in [name]France[/name] - one in Marseille and the other near [name]Paris[/name]. So, even with that, I think it is still quite uncommon in the US!