Beatrix and Penelope?

[name]Even[/name] though we won’t be having kids for several more years, my finance and I were tossing around some baby names last night (inspired by a friend who just delivered twin girls) and asked ourselves, “What would we name twin daughters?”. After about twenty minutes of bantering we came up with the following name set:

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] ("[name]Bea[/name]")
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Diana[/name] ("[name]Nellie[/name]")

and wanted to get some feedback on it. :slight_smile:

To make things better, all of the names used have family connections (family is very important to us, so we’d love to honor them):

[name]Beatrix[/name] - My mom, who has a B name.
[name]Rosemary[/name] - Our fathers, who both have the R initial. (And an added bonus: when he proposed to me, he tied the ring to a red rose)
[name]Catherine[/name] - In honor of a little girl named [name]Katie[/name] at our church who we jokingly call our “adopted daughter”

[name]Penelope[/name] - My soon-to-be mother-in-law, who has a P name, and my maiden name, which also starts with P.
[name]Diana[/name] - My future brother-in-law who’s name starts with a D.
[name]Jane[/name] - Our pastor’s wife (and the woman who introduced us), and both of our sisters, who have J middle names.

Thanks in advance!

Congratulations on your engagement, and I hope that you have a lovely wedding :slight_smile:

[name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] nn [name]Bea[/name] - all three are lovely names, although I do think that the flow would be better if one was a little shorter - perhaps you could simply use [name]Kate[/name] instead of [name]Catherine[/name]? I love the connection that [name]Rosemary[/name] has to your fiance’s proposal, too.

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Diana[/name] [name]Jane[/name] nn [name]Nellie[/name] - I adore [name]Penelope[/name], and this name just sounds so lovely. [name]Nellie[/name] is a sweet, vintage choice, too (I also like [name]Penny[/name] and [name]Poppy[/name] as nicknames for [name]Penelope[/name]).

Personally, I think the slightly softer [name]Beatrice[/name] would be perfect with [name]Penelope[/name], but [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] is also lovely, and they match in style.

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile: I absolutely love [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name], and think they’d make great sisters!

Take care! :slight_smile:

absolutely love your sibset! dont change them!

Thanks everyone! :slight_smile:

[name]Lovely[/name] names for twins or sisters.

I love [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name]. I have both of them on my girls list!

I, personally, prefer [name]Penny[/name] for [name]Penelope[/name] but [name]Nellie[/name] is cute x

[name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] are two of my favorite girl names!