Beatrix: NNs besides Bea and Trixie?

I wouldn’t use a nickname at all at home, but is [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] destined to be called [name_f]Bea[/name_f] (which I like, but it’s way too short with our one-syllable surname) or [name_f]Trixie[/name_f] (which I just plain don’t like).

Can you think of any other nicknames that would work?

I would just call her [name_f]Plum[/name_f] as a NN but that has flow issues with our surname as well (it begins with M.)

[name_f]Betsy[/name_f] or [name_f]Betty[/name_f]?

In my family tree, a couple Beatrices were [name_f]Betty[/name_f].

[name_f]Betty[/name_f] or [name_f]Bette[/name_f] (like “bet” or another spelling of [name_f]Betty[/name_f]/[name_f]Bettie[/name_f]) would be my favourite. [name_f]Bette[/name_f] with one syllable is too short for you though. All three forms have a rather rockabilly feel to me. [name_f]Love[/name_f] them.

Bex works in [name_u]America[/name_u] but not in Australia. (I’m American but in Australia probably for good now). It’s a more modern sound than [name_f]Betty[/name_f].

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Bea[/name_f] (pronounced Be-a though)? Would that be too short too? You’re not going to get a 3 syllable nn for a 3 syllable name, and [name_f]Bea[/name_f] is so easy.
[name_f]Trix[/name_f] is similar to Twix (like the chocolate). Too short?
Bex? I’ve never met anyone named this, but I read a book where that was the girl’s name (her full name was [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f].)

[name_f]Elea[/name_f] from British [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Names has posted a few on her blog before, they are:

[name_f]Betsy[/name_f]
[name_f]Beata[/name_f]
Bex
[name_f]Essie[/name_f]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f]
[name_f]Bess[/name_f]
[name_f]Bree[/name_f]
[name_f]Tressa[/name_f]
[name_f]Bebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Brita[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
Bibba
Bibby
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Tia[/name_f]
Trissy

She also made a post about finding daring/different nicknames: Daring and Different Diminutives - British Baby Names

Hopefully that helps!

lawsonhaley, thanks! I do like some of those better than what I’d come up with, and holy cow, how did I not know about the blog? Awesome lists I can’t wait to pore over later on!

[name_f]Betty[/name_f] and [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] are my faves!

I don’t think a [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is destined to be called [name_f]Bea[/name_f], necessarily. But I would take that into consideration. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Betty[/name_f] and [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] are my favorite nickname options.

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] nn [name_f]Bibi[/name_f] is on my list.
I adore [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] but [name_f]Bibi[/name_f] has such a personal meaning to me, I’d probably even use it alone.

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] plum is sweet! [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t know if all these would technically work but here’s a few ideas…

[name_f]Betty[/name_f]/[name_f]Bette[/name_f]
[name_f]Betsy[/name_f]/[name_f]Bessie[/name_f]
[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Bria[/name_f]
[name_u]True[/name_u]/[name_f]Trudy[/name_f]
Trissy
[name_f]Tori[/name_f] ([name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f])
[name_f]Xia[/name_f]
[name_f]Xuxa[/name_f]

I don’t think she is destined to be called bea if you stick with [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] though…