Beatrix Potter Names

[name_m]Can[/name_m] we talk about the charming, vintage names from the world of [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]? It’s so nostalgic for my childhood and I was recently reminded of the great names when coming up with names for some foster ducklings. The girl had style!

What are your stand-out favourites? Which would you choose for a boy/girl?

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] — swoon
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] — love
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] —love
Chippy —…I kinda love Chippy
[name_m]Diggory[/name_m]
[name_m]Drake[/name_m]
[name_f]Ginger[/name_f]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_m]Jeremy[/name_m]
[name_m]Kep[/name_m] — like, reminds me of [name_m]Kip[/name_m]/[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] himself — such an underrated classic!
Ptolomy
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Timmy[/name_m] — same thoughts as [name_m]Peter[/name_m], but rhymes with our ln
[name_m]Tom[/name_m]/[name_m]Tommy[/name_m] — sweet
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Jemima[/name_f] — love with nn [name_u]Jem[/name_u]
[name_f]Lucie[/name_f] — looove
[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]
[name_f]Sally[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabby[/name_f] — so guilty pleasure for me
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_u]Willie[/name_u] — sweet!

5 Likes

I love [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_m]Drake[/name_m], [name_f]Ginger[/name_f], Ptolomy, [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f], and [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]! :blush:

1 Like

I love [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] and [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]

I love this style too :rabbit:

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] and [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] “[name_f]Tabby[/name_f]”, although [name_m]Kep[/name_m] is interesting…

I agree that [name_m]Peter[/name_m] and [name_m]Tom[/name_m] are lovely, underrated classics.

Not such a fan of Hunca Munca :joy:

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Jemima[/name_f], [name_f]Lucie[/name_f] and [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]/[name_f]Tabby[/name_f] are my favourites. [name_f]Ginger[/name_f] has been growing on me and I kinda like [name_m]Kep[/name_m] too!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]! That said, I think [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] is so underused. And though I wouldn’t actually use it, I really like the sound of [name_m]Diggory[/name_m].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] these​:heart_eyes: [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] are my faves. Also love [name_m]Todd[/name_m] even though Mr [name_m]Todd[/name_m] is the bad guy!:fox_face:
And Nutkin is kinda cute too…but maybe only on a squirrel?

1 Like

I have always loved [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]!!! I have her complete collection and read it all the time.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite of her names are:

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_m]Drake[/name_m]
[name_m]Diggory[/name_m] - I also like the [name_f]Narnia[/name_f] reference
[name_f]Ginger[/name_f]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_f]Lucie[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_u]Willie[/name_u] - for a boy or girl

Aaw, yes, how charming these are!

I adore [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]! I almost prefer [name_f]Lucie[/name_f] to [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], but I fear it would be a headache to constantly correct. And, of course, [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is darling, too.

For boys, [name_m]Drake[/name_m], [name_m]Peter[/name_m], and [name_u]Willie[/name_u] are loves of mine.

I love [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]!! and you’re right, so many great names!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Lucie[/name_f], [name_m]Diggory[/name_m], and [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m].
[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m] is also a great love of mine, though I don’t know if I could ever actually use it. Chippy is cute as I love the name [name_m]Chip[/name_m]! and [name_m]Kep[/name_m] is adorable, reminds me of [name_m]Kip[/name_m] too.

([name_f]Kinda[/name_f] like [name_f]Ginger[/name_f] too, specifically for the nn [name_f]Ginny[/name_f]!)

I love the names [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] used in her stories. [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] and [name_f]Jemima[/name_f] are 2 of my favorite girls’ names, and [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m] is one of my favorite boys’ names.