Beauty and the Beast...rename!

My friend and I wrote an adaption of Beauty and the Beast for school, and its going to be used by the drama department and posibly filmed for a fundraiser. Unfortunatly, our principal won’t allow us to use the names Beauty and Beast, so we need two names, one male and one female, that have similar meanings. Also, names that start with the same letter would be awesome!Any ideas?

Beauty and the Beast = [name]Calla[/name] and [name]Cain[/name]! [name]Calla[/name] means “beautiful,” and [name]Cain[/name] is a pretty bestial name - just look at [name]Cain[/name] in the Bible!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Bella[/name] and [name]Brutus[/name]

In the new movie Beastly the Beast is named [name]Kyle[/name] Kingson.
I think for the last name you should use [name]Fitzroy[/name] which means son of the king. Is it set in modern times?

Yes, it is set in modern times, but we thought it’d be very cool if the Beast’s name was old-fashioned.

I love [name]Calla[/name](I’ve been looking at names for an hour and that’s my favorite so far!) but [name]Cain[/name] reminds of that sad story in the bible.

I love [name]Calla[/name](I’ve been looking at names for an hour and that’s my favorite so far!) but [name]Cain[/name] reminds of that sad story in the bible.[/quote]

You might like [name]Cash[/name], [name]Clarke[/name], [name]Claude[/name], [name]Clem[/name], [name]Cliff[/name], [name]Clive[/name], [name]Clyde[/name], or [name]Curt[/name] to go with [name]Calla[/name]…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name]! Congratulations on your project! It sounds really cool! :slight_smile:

Some combos you may like, if you’re looking for word names like Beauty and the Beast:

[name]Bijou[/name] and the Brute (And just like Beauty goes by [name]Belle[/name], you could give [name]Bijou[/name] another name, such as a jewel name, like [name]Ruby[/name] or [name]Pearl[/name].)
[name]Bijou[/name] and the Barbarian
[name]Bijou[/name] and the Boor
[name]Bijou[/name] and the Behemoth

(Other B names for the female charater: Beautiful or [name]Bonnie[/name]/[name]Bonny[/name], which means attractive)

[name]Grace[/name] and the Gargoyle (in addition to being a carved figure, a gargoyle can also be an unattractive person)
Graceful and the Gargoyle
Gorgeous and the Gargoyle

Magnificence “[name]Maggie[/name]” and the Monster, Mutant, or Monstrosity

Refined and the Ruffian
Radiance and the [name]Rogue[/name]

Comely/Classy and the Critter or Creature

[name]Venus[/name] and the Varmint

Stunner and the Savage

Good luck with your production! :slight_smile:

[name]Bella[/name] and [name]Bjorn[/name](Swedish for bear)??

I also liked [name]Lemon[/name]'s [name]Calla[/name] suggestions… [name]Calla[/name] and [name]Claude[/name]? (just saw she already suggested [name]Claude[/name], this is my fave [name]Calla[/name] combo)

Although these are more name-y; [name]Jill[/name]'s suggestions of using a word meaning beast were good, I liked [name]Bijou[/name] (nn [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Ruby[/name]…) and the Brute :smiley:

Oh! I didn’t realize that you’re looking for actual names. :slight_smile: Sorry about that!

What about [name]Willa[/name] and [name]Wilder[/name]? (Pretty matchy, though…)

([name]Willa[/name] reminds me of a beautiful willow tree, and the “wild” in [name]Wilder[/name] reminds me of of the beast.)

[name]Bonnie[/name]/[name]Belinda[/name] and [name]Brutus[/name] also come to mind. ([name]Brutus[/name] reminds me of a brute, which relates to a beast, and [name]Bonnie[/name] and [name]Belinda[/name] have meanings related to beauty.)

Good luck!

[name]Cain[/name] is actually perfect since he was marked after his sin of murder. [name]Just[/name] like the Beast was marked with ugliness for his sins.

[name]Blanche[/name]/[name]Brutus[/name]
[name]Emilia[/name]/[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]/[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]/Wolfram

[name]Sarah[/name] &
[name]Stephen[/name]

Bellisima and Sverre

[name]Belinda[/name] and Everhett, when he becomes the prince he could be [name]Rhett[/name].

I also really loved [name]Brutus[/name]!