Beck as a nickname for Benedict?

Hey guys! I’m not expecting, but that doesn’t stop me from thinking of names!

One name I have come to love for a boy is [name_u]Beck[/name_u]. I feel like it could work on its own, but I tend to like longer, more formal names that can then be shortened into a cool nickname.
I love [name_u]Beck[/name_u] because it has personal significance to me, sounds really cool to my ears, is familiar, and yet is not very common.
Of the obvious longer names such as [name_m]Beckett[/name_m], [name_m]Beckham[/name_m], [name_m]Becan[/name_m], etc. my favorite is definitely [name_m]Beckett[/name_m]. I THINK I like this name, but I’m not sure if the similarity to the word “bucket” bothers me or not.
So, at some point I realized the nickname [name_u]Beck[/name_u] could possibly be used as a nickname for another favorite of mine - [name_m]Benedict[/name_m]. The sounds are all there and it would be a fresh alternative to the popular [name_m]Ben[/name_m].

It would definitely not be the obvious nn choice for [name_m]Benedict[/name_m], but do you think it works? What would you think if you came across a [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] called [name_u]Beck[/name_u]?

I think it works! If I met a [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] called [name_u]Beck[/name_u] I’d quietly marvel at the ingenuity of whoever came up with that. [name_u]Beck[/name_u] is a sprightly-sounding name to me that balances out how heavy and serious [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] can sound, so I’m a fan.

[name_m]Benedict[/name_m] ‘[name_u]Beck[/name_u]’ is a great idea - I think it works!

I love it! Unexpected but makes sense

I think it totally works! Its clever and intuitive, a handsome and accessible nickname for the more formal [name_m]Benedict[/name_m].

Definitely works! I adore [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] ‘[name_u]Beck[/name_u]’. Great name!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the full name. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nickname. I definitely think it is an easy to understand and natural nickname. All around, it’s excellent.

I think [name_u]Beck[/name_u] for [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] works just fine, a nice, spunky modern and unexpected nickname. I wouldn’t think anything of it were I to meet a boy with the name/s. It definitely works.

I think it’s inspired! Great name and nickname, and they definitely work.

Thanks so much for your input! Like many of you have said, I especially like how the names complement each other - one being more traditional and serious, and the other balancing it out by its spunk and accessibility. Now here’s to dreaming about a little [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] “[name_u]Beck[/name_u]” sometime in the future… :slight_smile:

[name_m]Benedict[/name_m] “[name_u]Beck[/name_u]” is actually one of my favorites too, for a lot of personal reasons. Obviously I think it works, if only I could get my husband on board!

Fun to hear it’s someone else’s favorite as well!! Wishing you luck in getting your husband to agree!