Beckett or Beckham

Keep going back and forth and just want to hear some thoughts! Middle name [name_m]Riggs[/name_m].

Beckett [name_m]Riggs[/name_m]

Beckham [name_m]Riggs[/name_m]

I’d go with [name_m]Beckett[/name_m], [name_m]Beckham[/name_m] is too loaded as football/soccer player [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Beckham[/name_m] to me. But if you’re not in the UK you may not have the same strong association with the name.

I prefer [name_m]Beckham[/name_m]! [name_m]Beckham[/name_m] [name_m]Riggs[/name_m] is a fabulous name!

1 Like

Definitely [name_m]Beckett[/name_m]!

Beckett [name_m]Riggs[/name_m]!

I loved [name_m]Beckham[/name_m] but now all I associate it with is [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Beckham[/name_m] and Bend it like [name_m]Beckham[/name_m]

David [name_m]Beckham[/name_m] is easy eyes though!

Another vote for [name_m]Beckett[/name_m]! It’s such a handsome, sweet name. I love [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_m]Riggs[/name_m]!

1 Like

As a soccer fan when I see [name_m]Beckham[/name_m] [name_m]Riggs[/name_m], I immediately think of [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Beckham[/name_m], [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] Giggs and Manchester United.

1 Like

Beckett has more fluid connotations, whereas [name_m]Beckham[/name_m] just seems so narrowly sports-oriented.

Seconding (thirding, fourthing?) the [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Beckham[/name_m] connotation with [name_m]Beckham[/name_m]. I don’t think it helps the whole family is so famous, it seems like quite a loaded surname-name. So I’d go with [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] (plus I like the connotations more there - [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] springs to mind for me).

Beckett [name_m]Riggs[/name_m] is brilliant

Beckett [name_m]Riggs[/name_m] is just fabulous!

I vote [name_m]Beckett[/name_m]. I think the -t ending has just a little more personality (just my perception). And ditto what others have said said about the soccer player associations. Either one is handsome, of course, so you can’t go wrong.

Another vote for [name_m]Beckett[/name_m]!

Beckett!

Thank you all so much for the feedback! The [name_m]David[/name_m] association is definitely what was holding me back from loving [name_m]Beckham[/name_m].
[name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_m]Riggs[/name_m] was my first instinct and think we’re gonna stick with it :)))) the more I say it the more I love it!

2 Likes

I prefer [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] to [name_m]Beckham[/name_m], as [name_m]Beckham[/name_m] just feels very surname because of [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Beckham[/name_m]. However, I think [name_m]Beckham[/name_m] [name_m]Riggs[/name_m] flows better.

I prefer [name_m]Beckham[/name_m]. I feel like it goes better with [name_m]Riggs[/name_m] and overall I like the name better

Another vote for [name_m]Beckett[/name_m]! I agree that [name_m]Beckham[/name_m] is too strongly associated with [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Beckham[/name_m] and as a last name in general. [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] feels more fresh and approachable as a first name.

Also, I find [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_m]Riggs[/name_m] easier to say. When I say [name_m]Beckham[/name_m] [name_m]Riggs[/name_m], I feel like I get stuck in the middle with that ‘um’ sound.

1 Like