Beckham

So I’m already thinking of next potential baby and if he is a boy (as i soak up the newborn stage with this one).

I really like [name_u]Beckham[/name_u] [name_u]Scott[/name_u]. However, my last name starts with an S. So, initials are an issue. B.S.S. or first and last would be B.S. :confused:

Is it that big of deal? If so, all B names are out. Ugh. :sweat_smile:

I honestly think it’s fine. [name_u]Beckham[/name_u] is a sweet name!

1 Like

I agree that it’s fine! [name_u]Beckham[/name_u] is handsome

1 Like

[name_u]Beckham[/name_u] is sweet but I would also pause with the initials .
In the long run it’s not too terrible !

1 Like

As someone with an ‘S’ last name who likes a lot of B names, I feel your pain. While I think the B.S. initials are less than ideal, it’s not the end of the world. [name_u]Beckham[/name_u] [name_u]Scott[/name_u] is adorable btw.

4 Likes

Agreed. I try to put myself in the mindset of what if I had B.S initials…it’s not my favorite but it wouldn’t really affect my life much at all. I wouldn’t think much of it honestly, Beckham Scott is a really handsome combo!

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is actually [name_m]Bryan[/name_m] [name_u]Scott[/name_u] (although my last name does not start with an S). The BS- has never bothered me or affected my life in any way, lol.

1 Like

I agree. It literally just dawned on me that people like [name_u]Blake[/name_u] [name_m]Shelton[/name_m] exist and I have NEVER once thought of the B.S. initials until now! Now just to get my husband on board with the idea of a fourth child down the road, LOL. Fourth and final for sure!

We just had our third and I told him to keep the door open for a year before we shut it entirely. We have two girls and a baby boy, who we just named [name_m]Silas[/name_m].

I think [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_u]Beckham[/name_u] complement eachother really well in name style. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

However, if I had a girl for my fourth and final… I would be temped to name the girl [name_u]Beckham[/name_u] with a very feminine middle name. I did that for my girls. They have androgenous first names (much spunkier names though) and very feminine middle names (to give them options in the future if they aren’t as big of fans of their first names as adults).

I would be tempted to keep [name_u]Beckham[/name_u] as my girl name choice, too. :thinking: maybe its out there, but I love it and I love the meaning “homestead by the stream”

2 Likes

[name_m]Silas[/name_m] and [name_u]Beckham[/name_u] do sound amazing together. And [name_u]Beckham[/name_u] is equally cute for a girl!

I think the initials are fine.

One of my cousins is B.J.S. Which means he got both BJ and BS as initials - it’s never bothered him! I’m sure he got some jokes in high school and he rolled with that. I know not every kid will, but if you know it’s a future possibility you can think about how you’d handle it and then it might be that he doesn’t care/thinks it’s funny!

[name_f]My[/name_f] sister was also F.A. until she got married and occasionally got ‘Sweet FA’ comments - not a big deal!

Personally, I’d avoid the initials B.S., as I instantly think of that association…
How about reversing the names to [name_u]Scott[/name_u] [name_u]Beckham[/name_u]?
Alternatively, I also think [name_m]Wickham[/name_m] would make a really cute name, with a similar sound! :slight_smile: