Behind the names

My husband and I are name fanatics. [name]Even[/name] when we are not TTC or expecting we will just talk about possible names for our children. We currently have 3 children and we just love their names. We are a bit odd, though, because our names on the “Must Use” list are not inspired by the usual things (ie loved ones) but rather things that impacted our lives.

Our oldest, [name]Zachary[/name] [name]Wyatt[/name], is that way for me. I picked out [name]Wyatt[/name] first. It is my cousin’s son’s name. I use to baby sit him and it was while watching him did it strike me that I wanted to be a mom. It was a very powerful moment for me. At first, [name]Zachary[/name] didn’t have any meaning… it was the only name I liked paired with [name]Wyatt[/name]. However, after I met and married my husband, it developed a meaning. My husband and I met through the official fan club for the band [name]Hanson[/name], and one of it’s members name is [name]Zachary[/name]. I wasn’t to thrilled about attributing the name to them, but after all the great friends I met through their fan club and the beautiful family I have now, I am proud to dedicate [name]Zachary[/name]'s first name to them… even if it is after the fact.

Our second son’s name, [name]Sean[/name] [name]Alan[/name], is more for my husband. One of his big cultural influences was the movie “Goonies”. He connected with the character that [name]Sean[/name] [name]Astin[/name] played. That’s how he fell in love with the name [name]Sean[/name], and originally chose [name]Alan[/name] because it flowed well. During the pregnancy, it was apparent that my husband’s grandmother, [name]Aleen[/name], would not live long enough for us to have a girl, so we felt [name]Alan[/name] would be a fitting male tribute to her while she was still alive.

Our little girl, [name]Natalija[/name] [name]Aleen[/name], is the odd one out. She is totally inspired by family and heritage. Her first name is honoring my heritage (Slovenian) and after we picked it I found out it was my Great Grandmother’s middle name, and you should already know where [name]Aleen[/name] came from.

[name]Natalija[/name] [name]Aleen[/name] is a nice name. I’m just wondering, does it have the same pronunciation as [name]Natalia[/name]?

No. It’s pronounced like [name]Nuh[/name]-Tall-Yuh. [name]Aleen[/name] is pronounced unusually, too. It’s like [name]Al[/name] (the guys name) with Een at the end.

I pronounce [name]Natalia[/name] the way you pronounce [name]Natalija[/name], and [name]Aleen[/name] is pronounced as I would read it, for whatever that’s worth :wink:

Haha, I thought those names sounded very familiar! [name]Hi[/name], [name]Lauren[/name]! ;D

yellow: Really, wow. Around here [name]Natalia[/name] is pronounced like Na-t-ally-a (with an e sound at the end). And most reed [name]Aleen[/name] like [name]Eileen[/name] or a softer “a” sound with lean at the end. [name]Just[/name] shows how every where has different ways of saying the same names.

Bananaberry – I have 3 friends named [name]Alana[/name] lol… and all of them I met over the internet. Where have we met?