Ben for a girl???

The other night I was watching “[name]Junior[/name] Masterchef” (an Australian program) and I noticed one of the contestants was a 9 year old girl named [name]Ben[/name].
Did anyone else see this?
I was thinking it might be a nickname but they just listed her name as [name]Ben[/name], and I can’t really think of any girls names that could be nicknames [name]Ben[/name] anyway!

What do you think of [name]Ben[/name] on a girl?

It’s not my style, but I think it works as well as any other boy name on girls. I think it would be cute as a nn for something like [name]Benna[/name].

[name]Benita[/name]?

I’m not personally a fan of the boys names for girl trend.

And I am not 100 percent sure [name]Junior[/name] Masterchef is not a little to stressful for such young ones. It would depend on how the parents play it. I can see stage parents making things hard for the kids. I worry about the kids. They are awfully talented though.

I know that this might not be your real name(its just a username not saying you’re a liar or anything), but I really like the name [name]Yvette[/name]. You have a nice name. Sorry, just had to mention that :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I dont really like it. It’s alright on a boy, but not my style either way.

I completely dislike [name]Ben[/name] on a girl. I don’t mind [name]Benny[/name]/[name]Bennie[/name] if it’s a nickname for something though.

[name]Benjamina[/name]?

by fabunamer ” Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:24 pm

I know that this might not be your real name(its just a username not saying you’re a liar or anything), but I really like the name Yvette. You have a nice name. Sorry, just had to mention that

Thankyou!!! I don’t really get compliments on my name very much so that came as a surprise!!
Although I have never hated my name, I can’t say I have ever really loved it. Good to hear someone likes it other that my dad!!

I saw [name]Ben[/name] on junior master chef as well. I don’t like the name [name]Ben[/name] on a girl but [name]Beni[/name] would be ok if it was a nn.

Urgh horrible horrible triple horrible! [name]Ben[/name] is such a masculine and handsome name… why why why would someone ruin it by placing it on a girl???