Beowulf

It’s been years since I’ve been active on Nameberry, but since I announced my big kids here when they were born I wanted to add my new little tag-along as well!

[name_m]Beowulf[/name_m] [name_u]Quill[/name_u] MacCumhaill arrived last week. We settled on his name after we met him. As lovers of literature and mythology, [name_m]Beowulf[/name_m] was perfect. It is also a subtle honor name for my grandfather, who we lost last year; his middle name meant “noble wolf.” The first middle combines my love of writing with our taste for quirky word names. The second middle was not on our radar at all until baby was born at a surprising 10 pounds 11 ounces. Remembering the story of legendary giant [name_u]Fionn[/name_u] mac Cumhaill, I suggested it to my partner for our own tiny giant. He loved the idea, and as a binus, it shows my Irish heritage.

[name_m]Beowulf[/name_m] joins his big sisters [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] [name_f]Mauricette[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u] [name_m]Jose[/name_m], [name_u]Poet[/name_u] [name_f]Wildflower[/name_f] [name_f]Hecate[/name_f], and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] Nimuë [name_u]Lark[/name_u].

35 Likes

such cool names your kids have! congratulations!

1 Like

[name_m]Beowulf[/name_m] :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: what a stunning name he has!! Congratualtions

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations :tada::tada::tada:

1 Like

[name_m]Beowulf[/name_m]! I’ve posted once or twice about the name myself. I sometimes relisten to the audiobook performance of [name_m]Seamus[/name_m] Heaney reading his translation because what better use of two hours is there…?

Congratulations and an excellent honor name pivot for the “noble wolf” names so out of favor due to heinous history.

Swoon-worthy sibset, 100%

3 Likes

Congratulations! They all have very cool names :sunglasses:

1 Like

I love all your children’s names! Congratulations :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations and welcome back! I remember your big kids’ names — [name_u]Poet[/name_u] especially feels like it’s gone down in Nameberry lore :two_hearts: Such a stunning sibset!

3 Likes

congratulations!!! beowulf is an amazing name :heartpulse:

1 Like

What awesome names! Congrats to little [name_m]Beowulf[/name_m]! :tada:

1 Like

Congratulations! What a majestic name!

1 Like

So excited to see a real little [name_m]Beowulf[/name_m]! Only the second I’ve ever heard of! What a fantastic name among a set of fantastic names. Congratulations.

1 Like

Thank you so much, everyone!

congrats! amazing sib-set, if i say myself :))

1 Like

Congratulations!!! All your babies have stunning names :purple_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! What a brilliant set of names!! [name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to the world, [name_m]Beowulf[/name_m] :heart:

1 Like

What a cool, literary name, joining siblings with equal cool, literary names. Congratulations on your little [name_m]Beowulf[/name_m]! :heart:

1 Like

Stunning names!! Congratulations!

1 Like

What a show stopping sibset! Congratulations! :clap: