Beryl and Meryl

What do you think? I think they’re actually quiet cute and fit right in with names from that era like [name]Flora[/name], [name]Cora[/name], [name]Etta[/name], [name]Vera[/name] and [name]Myrtle[/name], but less common. [name]Do[/name] you think these will make a comeback too?

To me [name]Beryl[/name] just make me think of Barrel. [name]Meryl[/name]'s cute, though.

My name is [name]Meryl[/name] and I am surprised that it has NOT made a comeback sooner with the super popular actress [name]Meryl[/name] Streep. I like my name, but I couldn’t imagine calling a cute little toddler [name]Meryl[/name] its too grown up. I dont like [name]Beryl[/name] at all.

I like [name]Meryl[/name] (and I could see a little toddler named [name]Meryl[/name]!) but for some reason I just don’t like [name]Beryl[/name].

I know a cute little 2 yr old toddler named [name]Meryl[/name]. She is a twin to [name]Lila[/name]. I have actually been thinking about this lately because they are friends with my daughter so we see them regularly. To me, the name never seemed that out there. Uncommon, yes, but still mainstream. Members of my family think its more of a stretch. I do wonder why it’s not more common. [name]Beryl[/name], however, no.

I must admit that this is a bit off-topic but the title of this post gave me a laugh because it reminded me of my grandpa and great-uncle: their names are [name]Burl[/name] and [name]Merle[/name]. My great-grandmother was not a great speller and growing up, they were often called “Burial” and '[name]Muriel[/name]" because of the spelling–I don’t remember whether or not that was the exact spelling but my mom’s on here occasionally and could clarify. Each changed his name’s spelling upon reaching 18!

I really like the name [name]Meryl[/name]! (Isn’t [name]Meryl[/name] Streep’s name [name]Mary[/name] [name]Louise[/name], nn [name]Meryl[/name]?)

Take care!