Best names with Mc last name

My last name is McGlynn and I love thinking about names for possible children in the future. I’m finding that a lot of first names don’t really go with it. Which of these names do you think are the best? What other names do you like with the last name McGlynn?

Boys:
[name]Everett[/name] [name]James[/name] McGlynn
[name]Finn[/name] [name]James[/name] McGlynn
[name]Levi[/name] [name]James[/name] McGlynn
[name]Johnny[/name] McGlynn
[name]Jasper[/name] McGlynn

Girls (I haven’t thought of middle names yet- I’ll take suggestions about these too):

[name]Aspen[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Edie[/name]
[name]Emerson[/name]
[name]Fern[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Lacey[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Lisette[/name]
[name]Lottie[/name]
[name]Sydney[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]

I think what that names ending in “n” disrupt the flow with your last name which also ends in “n”.

Names from your list that I like are-

[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Johnny[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Lacey[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Lottie[/name] - how cute.
[name]Sydney[/name]

[name]Everett[/name] [name]James[/name] McGlynn: I really love this!

[name]Finn[/name] [name]James[/name] McGlynn: [name]Finn[/name] McGlynn rhymes, so I’d personally not go with this one. :slight_smile:

[name]Levi[/name] [name]James[/name] McGlynn: I’m personally not a [name]Levi[/name] fan, but I do think that [name]Levi[/name] McGlynn sounds great!

[name]Johnny[/name] McGlynn: I think that [name]John[/name] McGlynn, nickname [name]Johnny[/name], is handsome.

[name]Jasper[/name] McGlynn: It may just be me, but when [name]Jasper[/name] is paired with an M name, the “sper” in [name]Jasper[/name] runs into the M in the last name, and I hear “sperm” when I say it out loud. (I see the word when I look at the name, too.) I do love Japser, though!

With McGlynn (Cool last name!):

[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Rafferty[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]

From your girls’ list, I really like these with McGlynn:

[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] (nn [name]Lottie[/name])

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Everett[/name] [name]James[/name] McGlynn – this is the best. I really love it
[name]Finn[/name] [name]James[/name] McGlynn – awful. [name]Finn[/name] McGlynn sounds ridiculous
[name]Levi[/name] [name]James[/name] McGlynn – for some reason a little awkward for me
[name]Johnny[/name] McGlynn – hmm
[name]Jasper[/name] McGlynn – I really like this one as well – would it be [name]Jasper[/name] [name]James[/name] McGlynn? This opens the possibility of JJ as a nickname which you may/may not like. "“JJ McGlynn” could give the same feeling as [name]Johnny[/name] McGlynn but with a more elegant proper name behind it.

I would avoid names ending in either an n or an m. Other than that, I think most anything would work, except perhaps [name]Jasper[/name] because of the unfortunate “[name]JaSPER[/name] M” when you add the last initial.
These are my favorites:
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]