See the results of this poll: Best nickname for Adriana

Respondents: 73 (This poll is closed)

• AJ (j is for Juliette) : 13 (14%)
  • Ada : 28 (30%)
  • Adria : 14 (15%)
  • Adi or Addy : 16 (17%)
  • Ade : 1 (1%)
  • Adri: 22 (23%)

I actually like [name_f]Addy[/name_f] best, especially with [name_f]Gigi[/name_f], but since you don’t use that one, my next favorite would be [name_u]Adria[/name_u]. [name_f]Ada[/name_f] is also nice, as is just sticking with [name_f]Adriana[/name_f]. The only nn I don’t care for is AJ…it seems very masculine next to [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] imo.

Thank you for your thoughts! I don’t know why we never called her [name_f]Addie[/name_f] (not sure what the best way to spell it is). I think I thought it was too popular, but where we live never came across one. I think it’s a great option (because they all sound similar she responds easily to these names). I’m finding her full name is a mouthful for children to say, and I don’t want her to get a complex about it. She’s only 2.5 years old. But I don’t have one solid nickname we use to let kids call her that instead. So this leads me here…

I love [name_f]Ada[/name_f] - I’d never considered it for [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] before but it works so well. I like the simplicity of it

I love [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]. [name_u]Adria[/name_u] and Adri are wonderful ways to shorten it without being expected. [name_u]Adi[/name_u] is cute but Adri is just adorable and [name_u]Adria[/name_u] sounds beautiful.

I like the idea of [name_u]Adria[/name_u] but it doesn’t seem short enough for a nn. If it were mine, [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Addie[/name_f] or even [name_f]Adie[/name_f] (pronounces Ay-dee) or Dria would be the most natural. I really like the sound Adri, but it would get cut down to Dri or [name_f]Addie[/name_f] over time as I’m lazy!

W/a twin whose nickname is two syllables, I’d go w/a two-syllable nickname for [name_f]Adriana[/name_f]. My top choice would be Adri; both she & her twin would have nicknames ending in i. If you wanted different endings, I like Dria. [name_f]Ada[/name_f], [name_f]Addy[/name_f], etc., seem more tied to the [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] family, at least to me, to work as nicknames w/[name_f]Adriana[/name_f] (which is lovely, BTW).

You didn’t ask for a further suggestion but I do know someone that goes by [name_f]Ria[/name_f] in case you like that ([name_m]Ad[/name_m] [name_f]RIA[/name_f] na). I like both Adria and Adri on your list.

I love Adri and AJ. I don’t think AJ is too masculine.

Thanks so much for your input!

I think [name_f]Addy[/name_f] is cute but I’ve never loved it. For me, it didn’t ever fit as a nickname very well because it has a different beginning sound ([name_m]Add[/name_m]) whereas [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] has that hard A like [name_f]Ava[/name_f]. I guess it could be Aidy instead.

I saw [name_f]Ada[/name_f] as a nickname in my baby books. Wouldn’t have thought of it otherwise. That one we use, not because I really like it (my sister thinks it sounds horribly old lady) but because my toddler refers to herself as [name_f]Ada[/name_f]! I don’t totally get using [name_f]Ada[/name_f] for the name [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] because of the beginning sound. To me [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] would shorten to [name_f]Addy[/name_f].

I do agree AJ sounds a bit masculine and I don’t love it. The reason I tend to use it is because I like the connection to her middle name, which I love and wish could be her first name. But in regards to the masculinity, it seems masculine names are very popular right now so I suppose it’s not the worst thing.

I think [name_u]Adria[/name_u] is beautiful. But as someone mentioned, it’s not much shorter. I say it sometimes just because cutting off the [name_f]Anna[/name_f] at the end of the name does seem easier to say at times.

Adri is such an obvious choice but yet we’ve just never used it LOL I don’t know if it just sounds a little clunky or if it’s because my sister’s name is [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] so Adri just sounds funny to me.

I also think Dria, not in your list, would be fun, and unique. Of your list, [name_f]Ada[/name_f] seems the best to me, especially as your toddler already refers to herself as that. It would make sense to have that be what other little kids call her too.

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] is a really creative and sweet nickname for [name_f]Adriana[/name_f]; though Adri is my next favourite.

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] is definitely my favorite of your choices. I’ve never thought of using it as a nickname before, but it is so lovely.

I voted for [name_f]Ada[/name_f]! There’s also Aidy which I think is just darling.

The [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] I know goes by [name_f]Ana[/name_f] (ah-nuh) and I like that nn best.

[name_f]Gigi[/name_f] and [name_f]Addy[/name_f]!!
[name_f]Addie[/name_f] made me think of an adding machine. LOL
I think giving each a 4 letter nn is best and I really like that one gets a repeated i, the other gets 2 Ds. This way when they learn to print they’re on the same starting line and one isn’t challenged with a longer name or more letters to learn. They can both feel smart. :slight_smile: