Betty

Hello! [name_f]Betty[/name_f] has been growing me. What are your thoughts on the name? Who do you picture when you hear [name_f]Betty[/name_f]? Also mn suggestions are welcomed!

2 Likes

My first thought is Ugly [name_f]Betty[/name_f], actually. But then I also think of [name_f]Betty[/name_f] White.

It still has a very 1930s vibe for me, which isn’t a bad thing. I prefer [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] myself, but I can see [name_f]Betty[/name_f] working well today as a vintage choice that’s a bit ahead of the curve. :slight_smile:

1 Like

it makes me think of [name_f]Betty[/name_f] White and I love her, so I love the name [name_f]Betty[/name_f] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Black [name_f]Betty[/name_f] by [name_u]Ray[/name_u] [name_m]Jam[/name_m].

2 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Betty[/name_f] to [name_f]Betsy[/name_f]. It feels more substantial for an adult. I’d personally keep it as a nickname for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or similar but I think it works.

1 Like

Betty is lovely! It’s so sweet. It always reminds me of [name_f]Betty[/name_f] White, which is a wonderful association, and [name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_u]Cooper[/name_u] from Riverdale which I think makes the name feel more young and spunky! I really like that the name feels both vintage and current at the same time :blush:
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] nn [name_f]Betty[/name_f] is great too!!

1 Like

Betty is cute and charming

Betty [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]

1 Like

I’m loving [name_f]Betty[/name_f] too! I definitely think of the [name_u]Blake[/name_u] Lively and [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m] connection, but that’s not a bad thing. The song has made the name very cool and I think she will rise quickly as a result!

5 Likes

Betty definitely seems retro and sweet.

1 Like

Betty is such a sweet, vintage name – I love it! I know a couple of little Bettys, it seems to be gaining in popularity lately. [name_f]My[/name_f] first thoughts were the [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m] song and [name_u]Blake[/name_u] & [name_u]Ryan[/name_u]’s daughter, then there’s also [name_f]Betty[/name_f] Boop and [name_f]Betty[/name_f] White.

1 Like

Betty seems to be gaining attention in the U.K. currently. I hear people talking about [name_f]Betty[/name_f] & [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] a lot fits perfectly into the vintage nickname trend that a lot of parents are loving. I think [name_f]Betty[/name_f] is okay I can see the appeal but isn’t a favourite prefer [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] or [name_f]Bessie[/name_f].

1 Like

I didn’t like it before [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m] released folklore :joy: now I think it’s great. And I mean [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_m]Reynolds[/name_m] and [name_u]Blake[/name_u] Lively chose it so it’s probably going to grow on a lot of people

1 Like

Hi there.

I don’t know. I either think of a sweet old lady (like [name_f]Betty[/name_f] White!) or a little Southern girl. Would you believe I have two acquaintances with little pre-school aged daughters’ called [name_f]Betty[/name_f]? I think I like it, but it’s better as a nn. [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Beatriz[/name_f] or even [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] could work.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

*[name_m]Ram[/name_m] [name_m]Jam[/name_m].

Love:
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
Thank you!

I love:
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]
Thank you!

I like [name_f]Betty[/name_f]! It’s still a little old sounding. I have a great aunt [name_f]Bette[/name_f] and I think of her. But I also think of [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_m]Reynolds[/name_m] daughter so I think it will come back in style.

1 Like

Betty isn’t my favorite, but it is a sweet name! I think I’d like it more as a nickname.

1 Like

I struggled to picture it on anything other than a small child or an old lady until a friend started dating a woman called [name_f]Betty[/name_f], who was in her 20s and rocked it. It’s still has a little vintage feel to it if that’s what you’re after, not as popular yet as some of the other older names making a comeback

1 Like

I think it’s cute! I had a childhood bully named [name_f]Bette[/name_f] (pronounced the same) so it still gives me weird vibes and I couldn’t use it, but I think it can be really adorable.

How about ~
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_u]Starling[/name_u]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] Alaksa
[name_f]Betty[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalinde[/name_f]

1 Like