Bilingual music-inspired coffee farm

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all,

Not a pet… But not a baby.

I need a name for my organic, fair trade coffee company based at our farm in in [name_u]South[/name_u] [name_u]America[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] business partners are musicians, and my family is also musical. Plus, our region is known as the music capital of our country; a music related name ties it all together. It could be in [name_f]English[/name_f] or Spanish or Italian if it’s a common music term (ie crescendo). It could be a genre or an instrument or a term, whatever. So much of what I’ve come up with sounds super cheesy or trying too hard. Cool, clever sweet… Those are good. But I can’t stand cheesy. I know that’s a subjective term, but I find Encore, for example, cheesy, along with [name_u]Harmony[/name_u] and the like.

Any ideas? Throw them at me!

2 Likes

Maybe…
[name_f]Sonata[/name_f]
Orchestra / Orquesta
[name_f]Cadenza[/name_f] / [name_f]Cadencia[/name_f] (the alliteration on something like Café [name_f]Cadencia[/name_f] or [name_f]Cadenza[/name_f] Coffee would be great)
[name_f]Serenade[/name_f] / Serenada
[name_f]Allegro[/name_f]
[name_u]Lyric[/name_u]
[name_u]Tempo[/name_u]
La Guitarra
[name_u]Brio[/name_u] / [name_u]Brío[/name_u]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_u]Calypso[/name_u] / [name_f]Calipso[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_u]Adagio[/name_u]
Andante
Bandolin
Cabasa
[name_u]Cadence[/name_u]
[name_m]Canto[/name_m]
[name_m]Forte[/name_m]
Fortissimo
Legato
[name_m]Octave[/name_m]
[name_f]Opera[/name_f]
Staccato
Tambor
Upbeat

1 Like

Having spent an hour looking at coffee and musical terms :
(I don’t speak any Spanish, any blunders are entirely down to this ignoramus using Google Translate :persevere: and not knowing whether the Spanish or Italian word would work better)

Café [name_u]Cadence[/name_u]
(all of these may be better in reverse, e.g. [name_u]Cadence[/name_u] Café and I put coffee with the c words going for the alliteration and accidentally just carried it on, the words may be much better company names on their own)
Café [name_f]Cantata[/name_f]
Café Cappriccio
Café [name_f]Chanson[/name_f]
Café Chorale
[name_f]El[/name_f] Achord Correcto (trying to make a fair trade coffee pun in a language I don’t speak is probably futile!)
Café [name_m]Coda[/name_m]
Café Concerto
Café Ensemble
Café Espressivo
Café [name_f]Madrigal[/name_f]
Café Nocturno
Ovatura de Café
Café Areure
Pentatónico
Pentatonic (love the meaning of playing black keys relating to the colour of coffee)
Poco a Poco
Rococo
Fair Scale
Escala [name_f]Justa[/name_f]
Café Tremolo (love it!)
Trémolo
Café Vibrato
Café Vivace

If there are any coffee-related terms in Spanish that start with the same letters as these words, they could work for you ~

Legno (loza, latería, listo?)
[name_f]Elegy[/name_f] (estufa?)
[name_u]Trill[/name_u] (combined with tasa? trompa - is it used for tree trunk? )
[name_u]Tempo[/name_u]
[name_f]Toccata[/name_f]

Could pecho, plato or plantas work somehow with pentatónico?

2 Likes

Oh, I especially love the alliteration. Thank you for the great suggestions.

1 Like

These are great. Thank you!

Wow- amazing ideas! I love the alliteration, and appreciate the cleverness of the suggestions. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Cantata[/name_f], Pentatonic, Vibrata, and Tremolo! Thank you!!

1 Like