Bina?

Okay so I first saw [name]Bina[/name] in the english roses book which I really liked. I thought it was really pretty. Now I like it again for two new reasons.
(1: [name]Bina[/name] in Hebrew means “[name]Bee[/name]” one of my nicknames.
(2: [name]Bina[/name] is both Apache and Cherokee. I am part Apache and part Cherokee.
It seems perfect. WDYT?

Thanks!

It’s not a name that I have ever heard of before, but I think that it is perfect for you and your baby!

I think it’s a nice name, but [name]Sabine[/name] and [name]Sabina[/name] (nn [name]Bina[/name]) feel a bit more substantial to me.

Good luck!

I don’t really like nicknames so I guess this ones out :frowning: Theres got to be another perfect name.

Cute.
I knew a [name]Bina[/name], her full name was [name]Jobina[/name].

[name]Deborah[/name] (Hebrew, [name]Dvora[/name]) means “bee” and [name]Bina[/name], as far as I know, means “wisdom”.
Not a fan myself, but it’s “different”.

I know [name]Bina[/name] as a nickname for [name]Sabrina[/name] or [name]Sabina[/name] and therefore associate it with ca 40 year old European women. Not a favorite but cute enough.

I think [name]Bina[/name] is veery cute. Its not so cutesy that it cannot be used as an adult (in my opinion) either. If you wanted to lengthen it [name]Sabrina[/name] would be a good name for the nn [name]Bina[/name], but having it as a nn sort of ruins the meaning in my opnion. I say go for it. Its a very cute name:)

I love the idea of finding a name to honor your Apache & Cherokee heritage. If you are not familiar with names from these groups, then perhaps you can find someone else who is part of the cultural group who can advise you. Otherwise, perhaps you could use a place name that links to your heritage. (Many place names in the US are derived from Native American languages.)

However, I also think [name]Bina[/name] is fine as a full name. We have [name]Tina[/name], [name]Mina[/name], [name]Nina[/name], so why not [name]Bina[/name]?

It seems like you might be looking for more of an international name? You might look for English words/names that are somehow derived from the Cherokee or Apache languages. For example, I believe the [name]Sequoia[/name] (name of tree in English) comes from a Cherokee name that means ‘sparrow’.

Good luck.