Bing?

Thoughts on [name_m]Bing[/name_m]?
I just came across this name again, and I’m kinda into it. It’s very Old Hollywood/Vintage, which is sort of my vibe.

I could see [name_m]Kirk[/name_m], [name_m]Ned[/name_m], [name_m]Frank[/name_m], [name_m]Clark[/name_m], [name_f]Nancy[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] & [name_f]Nell[/name_f] as potential siblings.

Any ideas for a full name, nn [name_m]Bing[/name_m]? [name_m]Bingham[/name_m] is fine, however, I associate it as a last name of someone I grew up with.

[name_m]Bing[/name_m] is so cute! I actually think it could work as a nn for any “B” name like [name_m]Bennet[/name_m] or [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]!

I also think [name_m]Bing[/name_m] is cute! [name_f]My[/name_f] biggest association though, is the character [name_u]Chandler[/name_u] [name_m]Bing[/name_m] from Friends. Not a bad association at all, but maybe one people might think of when hearing [name_m]Bing[/name_m].
I agree that it could work for any name starting with B, especially ones contain an N! I also think [name_m]Bing[/name_m] could technically work on its own. A little unusual, but still familiar enough sounding.
Or, you could use a name ending in “bin” maybe? Perhaps a middle starting with G if that’s too much of a stretch for you! [name_m]Albin[/name_m], [name_u]Corbin[/name_u], [name_u]Robin[/name_u], and [name_u]Tobin[/name_u] all come to mind!

(Also love [name_m]Bing[/name_m] with the other names you listed, I agree it fits in perfectly!)

3 Likes

[name_u]Chandler[/name_u] [name_m]Bing[/name_m] was the first thought in my mind.

[name_u]Corbin[/name_u], [name_m]Reubin[/name_m], [name_u]Robin[/name_u] and [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] came to mind. It’d be a guaranteed association nickname but [name_m]Crosby[/name_m] would also probably easily get people saying [name_m]Bing[/name_m]

I think Bingley could potentially work? It’s not really an established name but [name_m]Charles[/name_m] Bingley is a character in Pride and Prejudice so there is a nice literary connection there. And Bingley is kind of cute IMO.

[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_m]Benedict[/name_m]
[name_m]Brody[/name_m]
[name_u]Brennan[/name_u]
[name_m]Boaz[/name_m]

Any b name I think

The tv show Friends is actually my favourite, so I don’t mind the association. I think more of [name_m]Bing[/name_m] [name_m]Crosby[/name_m] than anything. [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] also named her son [name_m]Bingham[/name_m]/[name_m]Bing[/name_m].

I like [name_m]Albin[/name_m]. But I still like [name_m]Bing[/name_m] by itself…

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought of [name_u]Chandler[/name_u] [name_m]Bing[/name_m]. :laughing: Another association is [name_m]Bing[/name_m] [name_m]Crosby[/name_m].

What about Birmingham “[name_m]Bing[/name_m]”? It’s a little out there but it’s on current place names trend.

I have a pastor named [name_m]Bing[/name_m], and he fits the name well! Having met him, I think it’s a totally wearable name.

1 Like