blocked!

We are trying to decide between several classic names:
[name]William[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] (nn - [name]Charlie[/name])
[name]Henry[/name]

Any thoughts?

I vote for [name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]. Second to [name]William[/name]. Im not a fan of [name]Henry[/name] personally. I really like [name]Charles[/name] [name]William[/name] or [name]William[/name] [name]Charles[/name]. Good [name]Luck[/name]!

[name]Charles[/name]

[name]Henry[/name]!!

[name]Charles[/name]!

I like [name]Henry[/name] and [name]William[/name] best.

I voted for [name]Charles[/name] earlier, but I realize that might not be so helpful. They’re all great names, so you can’t go wrong, and the votes will probably be split down the middle. To really help you decide, can you offer any other information?
[name]Do[/name] any of these names have particular meaning or significance?
What does your last name sound like?
[name]Will[/name] you use two of these names as first and middle or do you already have another middle name picked out?
[name]Do[/name] you like the idea of a nn or not? ([name]Do[/name] you have a particular fondness or aversion to any of the nn’s associated with the names on your list?)
[name]Do[/name] you have any other children; if so, what are their names?
[name]Do[/name] you plan on having more? What names might you want to save for them (e.g. if [name]Charlotte[/name] is your top girl name choice, that might knock [name]Charles[/name] off the list)?

[name]Henry[/name]! You couldn’t find a better name =) Second is [name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]. [name]Henry[/name] [name]Charles[/name]? [name]Charles[/name] [name]Henry[/name]?

Woo-hoo!!! Classic names! :slight_smile: (Sorry, I couldn’t help myself.) :slight_smile:

[name]Henry[/name] is my all-time favorite boys’ name, so it gets my vote. I love [name]Charles[/name] and [name]William[/name], too!

I love [name]Henry[/name] [name]Charles[/name], [name]William[/name] [name]Charles[/name], and [name]William[/name] [name]Henry[/name] [name]Charles[/name].

Take care!

Oh no!!! I can’t choose. I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] all 3 names! Ugh, I don’t know how I’ll be able to pick between them. If I were you, I’d pair them up with each other as one the mn so you get two in one go.

I love [name]Henry[/name] enormously so maybe that would make the 1st spot. [name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name] comes in very close second though. And [name]William[/name], while I love it, is much more popular than the other two and I’m not fond of the nns [name]Billy[/name] or [name]Liam[/name]. If a nn is needed, then I would use [name]Will[/name]. So [name]Henry[/name], [name]Charles[/name] and then [name]William[/name]. Some combos that sound nice:

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]William[/name]

[name]Charles[/name] [name]William[/name]

[name]William[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Charles[/name]

Or you could do a double decker mn and do something like [name]William[/name] [name]Henry[/name] [name]Charles[/name]!

Great choosing and good luck :slight_smile:

I love all three of those names so much.

I love all three, but [name]Henry[/name] and [name]William[/name] are two of my favorite names! [name]Charles[/name] is nice, but personally, I like the nickname [name]Charlie[/name] better than the full name (I think [name]Charlie[/name] on its own is too nicknamey), so that kind of brings it down for me. I think [name]Henry[/name] [name]William[/name] and [name]William[/name] [name]Charles[/name] are really nice combos.

I adore all three names, but I’m not such a big fan of [name]Charlie[/name]. It sounds too stereotypically American to me (which may not be a bad thing for you, if you are American), and that is enough to put me off it. I still love [name]Charles[/name], however, but I do much prefer [name]Henry[/name] and [name]William[/name].

[name]Charles[/name], definitely. A great name, with the adorable nickname [name]Charlie[/name]. :slight_smile: I don’t like [name]Henry[/name] at all, and I know too many [name]Wills[/name] to like the name [name]William[/name].

I like all three names, but my vote is definitely for [name]Charles[/name]. I feel like [name]Henry[/name] is sweeping the nation right now, and I can see why. However, I fear its becoming a craze. I’ve been hearing so much about that name and hearing it a lot in movies and tv shows. [name]William[/name] is very strong, but I don’t find many of the nicknames very appealling. [name]Will[/name] seems to ordinary, [name]Bill[/name] doesn’t really suit a child and [name]Liam[/name] is so cool but popular and looses the classic touch. But [name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]…you can’t go wrong.

[name]William[/name]!

[name]Henry[/name] is SUPER popular right now, so maybe as the middle name? It is a cute name.

And as another poster mentioned above, [name]Charlie[/name] is lovely but I dislike [name]Charles[/name].

That is exactly our issue –

Really like [name]Charlie[/name], but don’t love [name]Charles[/name], and I would want to use the full name on the birth certificate…

[name]Henry[/name] is great, but how popular is too popular? Would that really be an issue – how do you know when its reached critical mass?

Lastly, [name]William[/name] is a classic, but its my husband’s brother’s name and he doesn’t love that.

There are pros and cons, but how do you weigh them?!

Thanks for the questions - the middle name is Hawkins, and we want to use just one of the names as his first name, and not combine them. I do love the idea of a nickname, and ideally would have a name that will work to have one.

[name]Henry[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name] have no real signifigance ([name]Henry[/name] is a family name, but not a strong connection) and [name]William[/name] is a strong family name of my husbands, although he feels its too strong - there are maybe too many of them.

No other children, but if we did have a girl, love [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Hope[/name], [name]Clara[/name], [name]Willa[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Faith[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Violet[/name]…

[name]Henry[/name] is definitely my favorite. For those who are saying that [name]Henry[/name] is too popular, aren’t [name]Charles[/name] and [name]William[/name] both more popular than [name]Henry[/name] is? Last year’s SSA list says that, and they seem that way around here just from my informal knowledge of friends who have had children recently.

I think [name]William[/name] is far more popular than [name]Henry[/name] right now if you take a look at the top 100 baby names in US/[name]Canada[/name]. Not sure where you are but I know that [name]William[/name] is in the top 10. That being said I prefer [name]William[/name] over both [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Charles[/name]. Best of luck!