Blog posts won't load

Thanks for everyone’s patience on this.

These issues seem to affect Chrome users predominantly. We’ve found a topic on this on the Chrome support site, with the following suggestions:

[name_m]Link[/name_m] here :point_down:

https://support.google.com/chrome/forum/AAAAP1KN0B0ob6s4npsxOI/?hl=en&gpf=d/topic/chrome/ob6s4npsxOI

If anyone is willing to try this, I would love to hear if it helped or not!

2 Likes

thanks, I tried, but I don’t have shockwave flash.

What about the second suggestion? Disabling software acceleration?

Thanks for trying!

1 Like

I tried that as well and I somehow I don’t even have a “system” option…most of the blogs work on the other computer though.

Hmm :thinking: Have you tried in incognito mode?

1 Like

this computer doesn’t have incognito mode either…I know it doesn’t have anything :frowning:

What browser are you using? I assumed Google Chrome?

1 Like

yeah but this computer is a lenovo chromebook from school.

Thanks for all the help, though!!

The computer age and model shouldn’t matter to your browser settings though… :thinking:

1 Like

School chromebooks often disable certain features for internet safety and stuff

2 Likes

Ah, I see.

Has there been any solution?

I am having this issue! I can’t read any blog posts, I only see a blank, white screen when I click on them. I am on Google Chrome in the U.S. It has been an issue for me for over a month.

@eloiseattheplaza

Sorry to hear that! Have you tried the suggestions from the Chrome support site linked above?

I’ve had this same issue as well! It usually works on mobile for me over computer!

I did, but I don’t have a shockwave flash extension. I disabled the software acceleration per the second recommendation, but that didn’t work. When I use my safari browser, I can open the blog posts, I just can’t on Chrome, which is my primary browser.

@sophia_elena

Are you using Chrome on the computer and a different browser on mobile, by any chance?

@eloiseattheplaza

Unfortunately, we haven’t been able to resolve it our end. It seems to mainly (entirely?) affect people using Chrome, but not every Chrome user is having issues. So I’ve been advised that it’s likely to do with users’ individual Chrome setup.

You could try clearing cookies and cache and rebooting the browser, if you haven’t already. I’m sorry, it sounds very frustrating!

1 Like

Yeah I use chrome on computer and safari on phone!

1 Like

@caramel107 I know it’s a pain, but have you tried a different browser? It does seem to be a Chrome-related problem.

1 Like

Thank you for participating and for agreeing to be featured!

The Chrome issue is seriously annoying, but we just can’t find anything our end that could be causing it. It’s only a small proportion of Chrome users affected, so it does seem to be a problem caused by something at the other end.

Have you tried the troubleshooting tips above?

1 Like

I have the same problem using safari on my phone