Blog posts won't load

Hi!
So, for some reason, a lot of the blog posts on the NB database don’t allow me to access them. It’ll show me the link to them (Like, in the “___ in Blog Posts” section of a name, it’ll say the title of a blog post that you’re supposed to click on to get to that page) but then if I click on it, it’ll just take me to a blank screen, even if I reload. The strange thing is, I tried it in an incognito tab and it did work. The browser that I’m using is Google Chrome. @EJPuddlejumper, also using chrome, has the same problem; while @anon68906791, who uses Safari, is able to access all of the blog posts (I had each of them test the same link that I tested, and Penelope was the only one able to access it). I just wanted to see if there’s any way to fix that! No worries if it’s supposed to be like that for whatever reason, and sorry if you’ve already explained this somewhere!
Thanks!

4 Likes

Hi @dogs_books

Thanks for reporting this. We’ve had a handful of other users report the same issue, and we’re trying to get to the bottom of it! I will add your name and details to the list.

Anyone else who’s experiencing this: please add your browser (and location, if you can) below and I will pass it on to our tech team.

3 Likes

Can I PM my location to you? Or is country enough- I’m in the US

2 Likes

You’re welcome to PM a more precise location if you want to, but only if you feel comfortable sharing. We don’t know if there will be a geographical link between cases where people are having this issue, but it’s always worth gathering info that could show a relevant connection.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with blog posts. I use Google.

2 Likes

@dogs_books
@Posielee
@EJpuddlejumper

Can I ask: is it all blog posts, or is it only certain ones?

If it’s only certain ones, could you give me a list? Are they all older posts, by any chance?

2 Likes

Recently it’s been all of them

1 Like

Even the ones that are visible on the home page? What happens if you try to click through to one of those?

Appreciate you getting back to me so quickly!

1 Like

Actually I just tried and the ones on the home page work, but they didn’t last time I tried.

1 Like

Hmm, this is so strange! I can’t replicate this at all, even going back several years. But I have made a list of affected usernames and added them to our ticket on this, which I will now bump up. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

all of them

1 Like

Inluding the ones featured on the homepage, @EJpuddlejumper? Sorry, just want to be clear!

2 Likes

@katinka I’m having the same problem on Google as well. The ones on the home page do work for me though. Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

yep! I just tried again.

1 Like

Yeah, even the ones on the homepage don’t work for me.

1 Like

Same thing happens to me! It’s been like this for a few weeks for me

1 Like

The only thing that worked for me was logging out. It sounds strange, and I don’t know why it works, but if I’m not logged in to my account on Nameberry.com, all of the blog posts load without fail. As soon as I log in, poof, blank white screens. It’s a little bit of a pain to keep logging in and out but it’s the only 100% successful solution I’ve found!

4 Likes

Thanks, @floatinthesky, I’ll mention this too.

1 Like

Same’s happening for me, I use google and I’m in the Northwest of [name_m]Britain[/name_m], it’s all of the blog posts for me too.

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

1 Like