Blooming Blythe

Well hello there everyone!

I have a question for all you berries out there willing to help! It is a hypothetical question of course, considering I am not pregnant, but I am curious to hear your opinions.

If we were to have another baby, and it is a girl, one of [name]Douglas[/name]’ and my favorite names is [name]Blythe[/name]. We love her jovial meaning and especially the fact the her nickname could be [name]Bee[/name] (or [name]Bea[/name]), since that would honor my mother [name]Barbara[/name] whose nickname has always been [name]Bee[/name]. To further honor my mama, I would love to be able to use the name Bloom somewhere in the middle spot to point at her love of florals and gardening. But the name [name]Blythe[/name] Bloom [name]Taliesin[/name] just doesn’t sound appealing to me. So the question is, what second middle name would you use to tie [name]Blythe[/name] and Bloom together?

Some names we have previously considered are
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Madeline[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Winter[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Fable[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Viola[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Calypso[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Agnes[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Viva[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] Bloom

Would love to hear your suggestions, or thoughts on the names above! (also open to [name]Blythe[/name] Bloom ______ [name]Taliesin[/name] suggestions!)

Keep in mind older brothers are [name]Rigby[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] & [name]Miller[/name] [name]Thomas[/name], and older sisters are [name]Wren[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Amity[/name] “[name]Birdie[/name]” and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Cleo[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name] “[name]Lola[/name]”.

xoxo [name]Viv[/name]

I also [name]LOVE[/name] Bloom, especially as a middle name. I have been trying to figure out why it’s not listed as an actual name on nameberry. For me, [name]Winter[/name] and [name]Madeline[/name] sound the best and flow nicely. I hesitate to make any more suggestions when you already have several ideas. We’re narrowing down, right? :wink:

Does it have to be Bloom? Admittedly I’m most used to Bloom as a last name, but I was struck by how pretty [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Flora[/name] is and how much better [name]Flora[/name] works with your other middle names. And it still has a floral, garden-y feel. [name]Even[/name] [name]Blossom[/name], if you’re dedicated to the B initial, because it breaks up the boom-boom effect of [name]Blythe[/name] Bloom, you know?

No offense. I do love flower names. And [name]Blythe[/name] is gorgeous and underused.

If you want to stick with Bloom, what about:

[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Viveca[/name] [name]Bloom[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Bloom[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name] [name]Bloom[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Cassia[/name] [name]Bloom[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Aisling[/name] [name]Bloom[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Liora[/name] [name]Bloom[/name]

[name]Viveca[/name] and [name]Vivienne[/name] mean “life” which is kind of nice, [name]Jessamine[/name] is a flowering vine (I love [name]Carolina[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name], gorgeous flower), [name]Cassia[/name] is the tree cinnamon is from, [name]Aisling[/name] means “dream” - the only awkward thing about it is its pronounced “ash-ling” but in the middle that’s not a big deal, and [name]Liora[/name] (also spelt [name]Leora[/name]) means “my light” which is sort of nice with happiness and flowers.

[name]Just[/name] some ideas.

[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Aisling[/name] Bloom-this is a great combo, my favorite
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] Bloom-nice, classic feel
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Viveca[/name] Bloom-like
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] Bloom-love
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name] Bloom-love

[name]Blythe[/name] is gorgeous, and I agree, [name]Blythe[/name] Bloom is too much. I think it works best with a three syllable middle…

[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Anabel[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]India[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Fiona[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Elodie[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Mirabel[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Rosamond[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Camilla[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Clarissa[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Amalia[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Thalia[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Sierra[/name] Bloom

[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Felicia[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Miranda[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Ariana[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Ariella[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Rhianna[/name] Bloom
Blythe Eugenia Bloom
Blythe Augusta Bloom
Blythe Antonia Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Savannah[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Calista[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Octavia[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Sabrina[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Carina[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Cerelia[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] Bloom

I kind of like the A middle names as [name]Babs[/name] is also a traditional nickname for [name]Barbara[/name]. [name]Even[/name] if your [name]Barbara[/name] didn’t use it, it’s cute.

Thanks for the input everyone! Greatly appreciated.

The use of [name]Flora[/name] or [name]Blossom[/name] were interesting suggestions instead of using Bloom. As pretty as I think [name]Flora[/name] is, in comparison to Bloom she doesn’t have the same vivacity to her, but then again [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Flora[/name] is a stunning stunning name, so i will have to continue to ponder this! [name]Blossom[/name] is another fun one, gives me slight flower power vibes, but might be a good alternative to break away from the 1 syllable thing we have going on with [name]Blythe[/name] and Bloom!

I like the sound of [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] Bloom, but i wouldn’t use her since my name is [name]Vivian[/name]. However i do still like the name [name]Viva[/name] as alternative.

I also love the rhythm of [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] Bloom, but lo and behold we already have an [name]Eloise[/name] so we can’t use her! Same goes for [name]Elodie[/name]. I [name]ADORE[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Elodie[/name] Bloom (i think im drawn to the d in the name), but [name]Elodie[/name] is far too similar to [name]Eloise[/name]!

[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name] Bloom is interesting. Ill have to think about her some more. And the suggestion of [name]August[/name] made me remember how much I like the name [name]April[/name], but [name]Blythe[/name] [name]April[/name] Bloom is a tad descriptive, no?

I do seem to be drawn more to names starting with a vowel though, since [name]Blythe[/name] ends sort of abruptly its nice to have a softer name to flow into. Also love jesba’s suggestion of [name]BAB[/name] initials to get [name]Babs[/name] as a nickname - so fun!

So, what other vowel names are there out there, maybe with a d in it somewhere, 3 syllables (thought not tied down to this) to tie together [name]Blythe[/name] and Bloom/[name]Blossom[/name]/[name]Flora[/name]? I’ve thought of [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Eliza[/name] (still too close to [name]Eloise[/name]?), [name]Adelie[/name], [name]Azalea[/name], [name]Adeline[/name], [name]Athena[/name], [name]Ottilie[/name].

List so far:
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Madeline[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Winter[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Agnes[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Viva[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]April[/name] Bloom
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]India[/name] Bloom
([name]Blythe[/name] [name]Elodie[/name] Bloom - love but can’t use)
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Flora[/name] _____ / [name]Blythe[/name] ______ Fora/ [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Flora[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Blossom[/name] _______ / [name]Blythe[/name] _______ [name]Blossom[/name]

Thats a lot of info to take in…

Thanks for your help berries!

xoxoxo [name]Viv[/name]

I think these are absolutely gorgeous: [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Agnes[/name] Bloom, [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] Bloom, and [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name] Bloom.

This may or may not appeal to you, but [name]Bluma[/name] is a Hebrew name meaning “flower.”