Bonita?

What are your first impressions of [name]Bonita[/name]?

My grandmothers names were [name]Bonnie[/name] and [name]Nita[/name] so I may use it if I can pair it with another name I like.

Thanks

Oh no. I personally really hate this name. I much prefer [name]Bonnie[/name] and [name]Nita[/name] on their own or as nicknames for longer names (although I can’t really think of any right now… ahah).

So thats one thumbs down… Does anybody else have an opinion? I’d really like to know what others think.

Not for me, but [name]Bonnie[/name] is a sweet name.

There are no Bananas called [name]Bonita[/name] in Australia so that doesn’t bother me. I was thinking of putting it in the middle if I find a first name to suit. I love it’s meaning but it seems that [name]Bonita[/name] sounds unappealing to most or is it just the banana thing?

I wouldn’t choose it for my own daughter, but i like that you’ve combined your Grandmothers - having a special meaning like this always make a name look more attractive, and the fact that it creates an actual name is a bonus (unlike Glamour model [name]Katie[/name] [name]Price[/name] and Aussie husband [name]Peter[/name] [name]Andre[/name] combining the names of their monthers, [name]Tia[/name] and [name]Amy[/name], for their daughter Tiaamii and sticking [name]Princess[/name] at the beginning - its just hideous!!)

I really like the name [name]Bonnie[/name] - would she be [name]Bonnie[/name] most of the time? This would result in the lesser use of one Grandma’s name and thus she may have just been called [name]Bonnie[/name] to begin with x

Sorry, I am not a fan either. I believe there is a bone drug with the same or similar name. That is what I think of when I see it. I think it would make a good mn. Although, if you really like it… go for it!

I actually think this is a pretty name. I associate it with a lake by this name that I fished at as a child in New Mexico. I especially like that it honors 2 of her women ancestors. If you really like it, I say go for it!

No way ever
i perfer
[name]Nonnie[/name] like lilo and stitches older sis
[name]Ninnie[/name]
try names that flip the names the other way

I don’t love it, but don’t think it as bad as pp’s have said. I have never heard of the bonita bananas. [name]Bonita[/name] means beautiful in Spanish. I think you should use it as a middle name, if at all.

To honor a [name]Bonnie[/name] and [name]Nita[/name], [name]Bonita[/name] is such a direct and obvious choice. It would be very meaningful. I think [name]Bonita[/name] is an okay name. It has never caught my eye as a preferred name, nor as a name I particularly dislike. If your daughter’s friends hear that she was named after her great grandmothers [name]Bonnie[/name] and [name]Nita[/name], that turns the name into something special and to be viewed in a whole new light. With the special meaning it would have, I would not hestitate to use it as a middle name, assuming it flowed well with a first name.

My dad had a secretary named [name]Bonita[/name]. when i was younger I asked her why her parents named her [name]Bonita[/name], which means pretty in spanish, if she wasn’t even pretty. I associate names like [name]Bonita[/name], [name]Perfecta[/name] and amor with people of lower education. But thats just me.

Good luck!

Really? They’re here in NZ, I had one today in fact. Since it’s a mixture of family names and seems to be important to you I would suggest keeping it in the mn position.

Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Maybe I was wrong but it just seems to be a strong association that I just don’t have.

[name]Ah[/name]…Boniva! I love [name]Sally[/name] [name]Field[/name], but I’ve seen her Boniva commercial too many time to count! (It seemed like they were having a Boniva commerical marathon recently…)

About [name]Bonita[/name], I really love how it combines [name]Bonnie[/name] and [name]Nita[/name], but I like [name]Bonnie[/name] and [name]Nita[/name] (or [name]Anita[/name]) more than I do [name]Bonita[/name]. I’m not really sure why. Hmm…Maybe it’s because I think of [name]Madonna[/name]'s song (La [name]Isla[/name] [name]Bonita[/name]), or maybe it’s just because the name hasn’t been revived yet. Hmm…

Good luck!

Thanks for all your opinions.

I’ve been asking friends what they think of the name with no strong negative associations. Perhaps this is because [name]Bonita[/name] has never been in the top 1200 here but peaked in the 1940’s at number 210 in the US. Anyway, since I don’t love it I’ll keep it as a middle name back up.

Thanks again